back to article Crazy Japanese earthquake game makes shaky debut

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be caught in the middle of an Earthquake? Well, now you can experience the... er... fun of an earthquake, without any of the danger. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com One of the quirkier games on display at this year’s Tokyo Game Show was Zettai Zetsumei …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Iain

Great news!

Zettai Zetsumei Toshi was a really interesting game. Although, I admit that it pushed the PS2 so hard that framerates occasionally went single-digit, so hopefully they can do a bit better this time. The second game in the series had similar problems trying to do floods, so I'm cautious about that, however.

2. radian
    Coat

pointless?

Why would the Japanese pay to have a go on an earthquake simulator? I mean, surely they experience the real thing often enough don't they?

Its a bit like living in Deptford, and then paying to have a go on a sh*t hole simulator, or the Gordon Brown simulator that keeps taking your money but gives nothing in return.

3. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

At one minute in...

...the guy at the back on the right is frantically bobbing up and down - and the other three aren't.

Did he think he was on the Sex Pistols Concert Simulator instead?

4. Iain

@radian

You might as well ask why people spend money on driving games when they can just get into their cars. ZZT is really an adventure game in which the environment is a city being devastated by a natural disaster. The vibration thing in the video is just a tacked on gimmick to a pretty sound game.

This topic is closed for new posts.