back to article Blockchain rebrand sends Stapleton Capital's shares soaring

Another company has discovered the secret of how to send shares soaring overnight: simply add "Blockchain" to your name. Telecoms investor Stapleton Capital changed its name to Blockchain Worldwide, more than doubling the value of its shares since yesterday by 130 per cent. Did someone say bubble? The Brit biz will now switch …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blockchain Troll Required.

What we need is a trademark troll to claim the unauthorised use of "Blockchain" as an infringment. I might even laugh.

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

They forgot other things to add.

Namely Tulips, Radio, Internet and Mobile. Right before the Blockchain.

1. ravenviz Silver badge

Re: They forgot other things to add.

Blockchain Industries 2000?

Blockchain 'Я' us?

Anyone?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: They forgot other things to add.

The next time someone tells you that most share trading is "investment" and not a form of gambling...

3. steve-b
    Trollface

"The Blockchain Register" does have a certain ring to it...

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
      Thumb Up

@steve-b

"The Blockchain Register" does have a certain ring to it...

...Biting the hand that coins IT

4. Jonathan 27

This is asinine.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Back in the day, I think the outdoor privy had a block chain.

2. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

That it is, but for the moment it is also hilarious

5. Blitheringeejit
    Coat

Please lay off the crypto-shaming....

...the blockchain is a wonderful magical-thingy-that-I-don't-understand, and I was just getting properly minted for a minute there, before you all starting weighing in with your unwarranted diatribes of logic and common sense. For god's sake, think of the HODLers....!

(Mine's the one with the offline wallet being picked out of the pocket...)

6. frank ly

My new name:

Cyber Crypto Blockchain-Ly

Soon, I shall be rich.

7. Thesheep

Brows raised...

This is the only good blockchain I've heard of...

https://twitter.com/Bondcliff2008/status/954824837234532352

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bay Area leather shop renames itself "Whips and Blockchains" in 3... 2...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"We read your latest piece on Blockchain..."

so we put a blockchain into your blockchain so you can blockchain while you blockchain.

Seriously, are these things happening because there so many robotraders doing natural language processing and there is so much cash farted out of central banks that no-one really gives a fcuck anymore? You can't enjoy three swimming pools behind your dual-size mansion after all.

1. Mark 85

Re: "We read your latest piece on Blockchain..."

You can't enjoy three swimming pools behind your dual-size mansion after all.

Sure you can... just make sure they're filled with the appropriate gender swimsuit models. Video the pools and post on Youtube... then PROFIT!!!!

10. Blockchain commentard
    Trollface

That's not me

But I will require 500% up votes. Cos my name says so !!!!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shh, you might give Ginni Rommety ideas

International Blockchain Machines...

12. jake Silver badge

When I were a wee lad ...

... back in the days of Nixie tubes, I had a set of plastic "ABC/123" blocks that linked together kinda like this toy does today.

It's what I envision every time I hear a clueless management/marketing person bringing up the subject of blockchain ...

13. thegroucho
    Go

Now, can I change my username on the forum ...

... from 'thegroucho' to maybe 'the blockchain groucho', etc ...

14. FozzyBear
    IT Angle

"We have seen a number of very exciting blockchain opportunities in recent months and believe the underlying technology has the potential to disrupt many industries around the world," said chairman Jon Hale.

I think he meant to say

The senior management had a week long junket . Umm, I mean a Off-site management think tank. Well we really couldn't be arsed working the whole week coming up with a proper business strategy, road map, product review or legitimate marketing.

Thankfully on the first night propped up at the bar, one of the guys who knows how to read, was telling us about an article in some "C" rag about Cypto (is that right) currency. Apparently some companies have added, whats the term, "blockchain" to their name and their share price skyrocketed They haven't even had to produce a product!

So anyway we decided to just change our name and ride the wave of hype. We expect to triple our bonuses, um, share holder profits, um company profits. Oh who cares I'm getting a new yacht and the missus bigger tits.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like