back to article EE Business Broadband digital transformation: Portal offline until July

EE Business Broadband customers will have to make do with old-fashioned paper print-outs for the next eight months because the UK firm's online portal is down. In a missive seen by The Register, folk were informed that the service will be out of action until July "while EE carries out technical improvements". One customer was …

1. silks

The effects of BT ownership starting to show here?

1. Roland6 Silver badge

No, didn't you know the Business Portal was hosted by UKFast...

2. streaky

Yup.

Showing across EE's entire business honestly.

3. Steve Jackson

Nope

Used to be a T-Mobile customer when it merged with Orange to make EE.

EXACTLY the same situation occurred. When I said I needed invoices for bookwork they offered to send me paper bils and credit my account for the paper billing. Only problem was the credit didn't match the billing charge from the second month then didn't stop when I changed back to paperless. Took over 6 months to rectify the portal and they refused to make the charges good.

After a couple of years away on Vodafone, I am back with EE but thankfully this won't affect me this time.

2. Richard Jones 1
    WTF?

Wet String Strikes again

Is it the wet string effect? Please see an earlier news story.

3. RockBurner

Well - it's one way to update an online service without DNS issues...

4. TrevorH

Code review?

Someone did a code review and discovered it leaked like a sieve and was unfixable?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Code review?

>Someone did a code review....

I think that's the odds on favourite too.

1. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

>Someone did a code review....

I think that's the odds on favourite too.

I agree, biut since when did something like a ton of gaping security holes stop a company from making a service live over the public Internet?

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"I agree, biut since when did something like a ton of gaping security holes stop a company from making a service live over the public Internet?"

So damned if they do and damned if they don't?

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Either that or the likes of SAP, 'Orrible etc. came along and did an audit that showed they needed 2 licences for every member of the UK population in case any of them blundered into the portal by accident.

5. Haku

"The Register has asked EE for a comment."

I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply, the postal system is quite busy this time of year.

6. zaax

The person who wrote the code was made redundant and they now haveto recruite someone to write new code

7. Dave Lawton
    FAIL

Utter shambles of a company

First they didn't do due diligence when someone other than me asked for EE broadband on my BT phone line, just went ahead and converted it.

Then they gave away my T-Mobile number to someone who purported to be me, or had fake paperwork authorising the transfer. Then when I complained, they refused to do anything about it, telling me that I would have to present myself at the branch, 180 miles away, to sort it out. They weren't even sure that that branch was the one where the deed was done.

Shakes head in disgust.

1. anthonyhegedus Silver badge

Re: Utter shambles of a company

"we're working hard to..." is corporate-speak for "go away".

8. clintos

BT are great

I have been with BT mobile and BT Broadband for a few years now. I would not settle for anything less. The company is fantastic, they have provided a better Service than Vodafone ever could and I was with Vodafone for a few years, until they messed me about. Vodafone are Scammers. BT are the best provider by far.

1. A.F-G

Re: BT are great

When you own the lines and make the access rules, you can have a fantastic service compared to other providers (who are forced to use your services...).

OpenReach (part of BT group) can say whatever they want, when the guy checking the connections for Openreach and configuring the access for BT is the same guy... it's slightly easier.

Also, EE has just been bought by BT for its mobile network. What BT will do with legacy and dull and uniteresting fixed broadband users is not decided yet, especially if this situation can be regarded as monopoly construction. One thing is for sure, since BT overtook EE, my fixed broadband (I'm with EE) has become slower and less reliable...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like