back to article DXC Technologies UK boss quits

Just months after Nick Wilson landed in the UK hot seat at Frankenfirm DXC Technologies - the merger between CSC and HPE’s outsourcing division - he has quit, multiple sources have told The Reg. Wilson is understood to have resigned roughly a fortnight ago and to be working a six-month notice period. It is unlikely he is …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And yet there has been no internal memo about this

And yet there has been no internal memo about this

We tend to find out stuff quicker on The Register than we actually do within the company.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And yet there has been no internal memo about this

You know that adage about rats and sinking ships? It is also true of companies and their top management. I've seen this a number of times, you may have as well.

Maybe time to move on for you and the other long suffering peeps who actually do any work at DXC? Given the toxic culture that DXC has brewed, imagine what sort of up-their-own-arse wanker is going to take the top job? You may end up with some ghastly Yank trying to impose the weird US work culture on to the same organisation he's busy taking a machete to; Or you could end up with somebody who is simply a useless bullshitter, but the only person willing to do the job. Either way, DXC will show that there is no situation that can't be made worse.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"...up-their-own-arse wanker...... a useless bullshitter"

We're talking about the next guy, right?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

we go to the local greasy spoon to find out what's going on in our company.

They knew about a 300 person site relocation before any of the staff did.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh the irony, Nick Wilson resignation announced on The Register

He really didnt like The Register either. Fitting that his demise was announced here.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh the irony, Nick Wilson resignation announced on The Register

I'm just happy we can piss him off one more time for old times sake.

Does El Reg have some branded sweeties they can ship us? I'd love to pebble dash the poodle haired twonk as he leaves the building...

3. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Will the last one to leave

please use your golden redunadancy package to pay all the bills.

What? No golden redundancy package?

DXC is as getting about as toxic as asbestos.

1. Lysenko

Re: Will the last one to leave

It's simple physics. Once a death spiral is initiated the centripetal forces cause ever more staff and resources to be flung off into the void, transferring angular momentum to the spiral, thus accelerating it further and increasing the peripheral centripetal forces until you finally reach the "MBA Singularity" - a region of compressed stupidity, greed and incompetence of such incredible density that no thought or common sense can ever escape.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Will the last one to leave

I don't work for DXC but I was unpleasantly surprised to find out 1st hand how mentally traumatic can takeover/acquisition/new management can be for proles like me on the shop floor. I feel for the peeps

4. Miss Lincolnshire

Job Security

Must be nice to be the only one in DXC to know you have a job for 6 months.

I shouldn't imagine too many tears being shed for Wilson when he does go.

5. Wensleydale Cheese
    Unhappy

MBA Singularity

It's so very sad when folks in the rest of the world end up being pawns to MBAs in the US.

6. Big_Pete

Until the company gets rid of the majority of the army of middle / senior manages, all surviving reorg after reorg comming out with a different job title but doing the same old job, the company will get nowhere.

They spend more time bickering over who any income belongs to, than actually delivering service, have several managers all claiming the same saving, then when its totted up, what a surprise, there is only a 10th the saving claimed..

The company is an outsourcer, they need to stop building client specific teams and draw on leveraged staff, clients may as well support in house, and avoid this company’s vast overheads.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yah. At present three different utterly meaningless “managers” are possibly my manager, none of them have the faintest idea what I do and none of them are in any way related to the customer I serve. Get rid of that whole layer and absolutely no one would notice. Guess who’s in line for redundancy (statutory minimum of course) and who’s not?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I have about 10 lines of management above.

Only the first two tiers have any idea what I do, despite most of them walking past me on a daily basis (I fucking hate open plan offices).

So much so, number 4 in line was having a rant how xyz is shit and how it can't be because of abc whilst stood next to me, ranting at someone who has nothing to do with the issue.

Eventually after being ranted at, the poor afflicted soul just pointed at me and said "You need to speak to him".

Of course, even more satisfaction when I strolled over to his desk and fixed the issue in 1 second flat with this immortal words "Common one that, so much so it's the first item in the self help pages on the intranet"

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dodging the bullet

Not that I'm gloating or anything*, but I am SO glad and relieved that I took the redundancy package early this year, found a better job with a significantly better salary and prospects and didn't get unceremoniously shuffled into the shambolic, pig's arse of a Frankenfirm that is DXC.

* well yes I am a bit.

8. Salestard

Time for...

... Megamir, Captain of Gon(out-the)dor, to show her qualities.

In fact, I think it's high time that we made the saga of what was HP into a GoTesque drama series.

[Scene 1]

Camera pans across a large, candlelit, Gothic room. Dusty, comedy sized cobwebs everywhere. Possibly a mausoleum, maybe an abandoned church, or even somewhere on the Bakerloo line.

Middle of the room is a coffin, shaped like a ProLiant. Camera over to it. The lid is open. A human figure lies inside. A woman of advancing years, yet appearing immortal. She abruptly pivots to stand upright, defying gravity.

Her eyes snap open.

"I am summoned. My creation is in peril. I sense a disturbance... like a million accountants screaming into the void"

Megamir levitates, bang her head on the chandelier, curses, then flies out of the room by smashing through a retaining wall, muttering to herself

"huh, not to worry, it's not structural"

Scene closes with flying Meg silhouetted against the moon, whilst Gothic crypt/Edgeware Road station collapses in the foreground.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Miss Lincolnshire

Re: Good riddance, I pity the next company that employs him

The Cockwomble's Cockwomble.

10. Alistair
    Coat

I think I see Jerry Brace's next position opening up.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mike Bassett DXC Manager?

He’d surely do a better job than the cretin known as Nick Wilson.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Mike Bassett DXC Manager?

And will be bring those superstar account managers Benson and Hedges with him?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Next! :)

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who'd want the job?

Seriously.

UK country managers are coming and going with such speed I've given up keeping track of who I allegedly work for. Anyone who is willing to take this on should be disqualified on the grounds of not having done their research on their new employer and so demonstrably unable to spot a bad deal when it's standing right in front of them casually swinging a baseball bat.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But when he got the job he announced in front of many staff that it was the best job in the world and a wonderful challenge with huge potential. I wonder why he changed his mind. /s

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nick will not be missed...

There are no tears being shed in DXC over Nick Wilson quitting, not among the staff anyway. He has, since day one, been a patronising arse and repeatedly made statements only to do the complete opposite (no more redundancies was the best one).

Wonder who will be next to take on the posion chalice?

The morale within DXC is rock bottom, the staff feel totally as though they are being crapped on from a great height and they aren't wrong.

99% of the staff on the ground are fantastic and work their socks off but it so demoralising working for a company that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. The company was created in April but we still don't have a proper structure in place, the middle management (L6/L5) look bewildered and actually have no function from what can be observed.

Such a shame -what used to be a great company to work for is now a joke in the industry, a joke among it's staff and if we were actually hiring no one would want to work here. The people who are left are here because of a sense of loyalty to the people they work with or are waiting for their package.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nick will not be missed...

Morale: she left the building years ago looking for a salary that kept up with inflation.

"We don't do cost of living increases" view doesn't help (3.1% less in real terms than last year).

"Don't it always seem to go,

That you don't know what you've got

Til its gone" - actually would DXC know what they lost?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I remember being in a sales meeting where he stated 'if you miss your targets you don't have a job, but if you hit your target then you will be rewarded well... in fact better than HPE or CSC"

A week later the new commission plan was released. Doubled most targets and cut commissions by approx 60% across the board. So all the good guys left and the rubbish left behind couldn't sell their way out of a wet paper bag. Yet Nick sits behind his desk and shouts at his rubbish sales directors for not performing to get him out of the sh1t...

It really isn't rocket science this stuff Nick. BASIC ABC of growing a profitable business - invest in delivery and make sure you have happy well paid sales people.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Didn't you see the memo from our glorious leader...

UK&I is now part of Asia Middle East and Africa and will be lead by the most supreme Maruf Majed.

Best of luck UK&I

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bye Nick

Don't take it personally chap - you arrogantly thought you could take on a pit full of snakes with a toothpick and come out on top. All that matters to DXC are the incredibly wealthy few shareholders - staff, customers, products, services, etc mean nothing to DXC.

A shambolic middle management layer all looking after their own backsides, reporting in to a senior management team sitting at their desks in their home offices taking conference calls at a rate of 4 per hour and not actually having any empowerment, skills or knowledge to make a decision. Imagine a field of rabbit mesmerized by a bright light and that is the state of the management teams in the UK.

DXC UK celebrate mediocrity, punish success and ignore failure. Decimated the commission plan for sales (so all the good guys left to continue earning elsewhere!), made most of the good tech's redundant and promoted really crap managers in to senior manager jobs.

It is such a simple thing to fix - hopefully they'll bring in a dynamic leader of people and customers! Hahahaha, who am I kidding - move over Nick, the next incompetent slasher wants your seat and no doubt he'll be a DXC US assassin sent in to finally pull the flush and watch it all spiral away...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Bye Nick

That’s my guess as well - next UKI Head will be some US assassin who will sit across the pond and slowly destroy what’s left of DXC in the UK.

The signs are obvious - no investment in staff, no chance of any current staff getting a wage rise and more work being shovelled onto the poor suckers left at the coal face.

Nick really was one of the weakest managers I’ve ever worked for. A poor communicator, weak manager and a pretty nasty human based on my interactions with him. A classic stooge.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lack of communication

I work for DXC and have still not heard this officially, which is funny as Nick Wilson made a big thing about promising more open and transparent communication when he joined. He then stayed quiet whilst all the redundancies were carried out and didn't comment on the lack of new business coming in! Does anyone know if his impending departure has been confirmed by DXC/Nick yet?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I remember this numpty well from my time with HPE in Southpac. A preening, dismissive knob.

Very much of the "beatings will continue until the morale improves" school.

Like all corporate sociopaths of his ilk, he will invariably resurface at some other unsuspecting organisation to work his particular brand of magic.

1. Run away!

3 months and counting...

Vulgar little man. Wonder whether he'll swear so much at his next interview... or does he just keep that for his morale boosting team talks?

19. Same old bull***t

A complete tosser, totally up himself, a million miles from reality, completely agree that level 5/6 management are a worthless overhead. Shame because there are good people at the coalface.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like