back to article Nokia 'not currently' talking about nor arranging Juniper buy

Nokia Networks has denied a rumour that it's planning to make an offer for Juniper Networks. The possibility that the European vendor might slurp the Gin Palace was floated by unnamed sources who spoke to CNBC. Those sources said Nokia would offer US$16 billion. Since that's well over Juniper's current market capitalisation …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Juniper. Those are my favourite boxen in which to work.

2. Mage Silver badge
    Coat

Hmm

Not entirely a mad idea.

3. Amos1

They need to dump the SRX firewalls

Juniper has lost double-digit sales in their alleged "security" line for at least six quarters. Yes, in the fastest growing marketspace that is only projected to keep climbing they are losing market share and sales. They claim the SRX is an integral part of their SDN offering. If that's accurate then their SDN offering is losing sales as well because you can't sell one without the other. Their IPS offering with the SRX is a poor joke compared to other vendors. They sold off their only other semi-security product, the SSL VPN they got from Neoteris, to Pulse Secure years ago and that leaves them with just the SRX. And of course, ACLs. Stop throwing good money after bad and do a partnership with a true security vendor and no, that is not Cisco.

1. Uberseehandel

Re: They need to dump the SRX firewalls

Tell me about it!

After several stressful months, Juniper took back the SRX300 because it could not do what it was supposed to do. I was told that I was the only person, in the world who wanted to watch Multicast TV (BT). So their UK staff can't have taken them home to watch the footie, either. It could have been quite a good solution, but not as good as the free stack I got from another Bay Area supplier, which also can't play Source Specific Multicast . . . What is with these US companies? Don't have this problem with Taiwanese, Korean and Japanese suppliers, but then their networks are more advanced.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon