back to article Manhunt 2 to hit UK on Halloween

What better day to release the second most complained about game after Grand Theft Auto IV than 31 October, otherwise known as Halloween? Yes, games developer Rockstar has confirmed that Manhunt 2 will make its first (official) bloody appearance in the UK at the end of this month on the Wii, PlayStation Portable, PS2 and PC. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan

Eh?

No Xbox360 or PS3 release?....Strange.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

no pc

has anyone else noticed that there's no release on the PC either? checked Play and Amazon but still nada

3. Stef

Eh? 2

"Vulnerable Adults"? What are they?

Surely, anything that is for adults is therefore 'bad' for "Vulnerable Adults"?

Everyone that I have spoken to who has actually played Manhunt 2 said that they hated it. So will the UK actually care that the game it out?

4. Andy Worth

Really??

"UK gamers breathed a sigh of relief when the High Court ruled, in March, that Rockstar must be allowed to distribute the game in the UK."

Did they really? Every indication I've heard was that no-one really cares whether the game got released or not. Saying that, it can't be much worse than the first one.

5. Thomas Bottrill

PC?

As far as I'm aware, Manhunt 2 hasn't been released on PC yet.

6. Vincent

Imports...

I can't help but think that anyone who cared about this game has probably imported it from the States by now, and have used some kind of Disc (Action Replay?) to make it work on their European consoles.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's the plot?

Do they hunt down 'Girls Aloud' stars and blast them with bazooka's? Do they??? Do they???

Do they cut them up in 3D anti-aliased Gore-vision (tm) selling their entrails on a virtual market with Rockstar dollars? Do they????

Go on, do tell us the plot, it's not a crime to tell us the plot....

Is there splattering?

8. David Webb

OSA

In another story, the cops are happily taking a chap to court for writing an "obscene" publication, so isn't this game like, more so than that?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

sales=0

i can't help feeling that those who wanted to play this would have torrented it already. so I predict (PC sales) to be zero. Assuming it's released for the PC over here.. (if it's not released sales will definitely be zero)

10. Tom Haczewski
    Coat

@ 'Eh?' - There are no PS3/360...

...releases because it only uses 'first gen' graphics, I.E. no HD here.

It was made solely as a Wii game, which is why it was supposed to be banned in the first place - it's going to be interesting, acting out the motions of sawing a man's head off with a Wiimote.

Although I'm pretty sure it won't turn me into an axe-wielding psychopath, HA HA!

Mine's the white one with the leather straps around the arms...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

@no ps3/360

It wasn't actually made solely as a Wii game, it was made for Wii and PS2, because when it was supposed to be released the current-gen consoles didn't have quite such a huge install base as now.

To echo others - is there anyone that wants it that hasn't already downloaded it?

The PS2 ISO hit the torrent sites about a day after the ban was originally announced.

12. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Vulnerable Adults

Is that a category of the population that is recognized by law ? Do they have a card, like the "physically impaired" ? Do they get tax breaks ?

An adult is an adult. Those, like me, who do not mind a bit of gore and mayhem if it is well done, and who like their games polished and deeply immersive with a good storyline, will make up their own minds.

I've already made up mine. I don't need no stinkin' ratings !

13. Register Reader
    Thumb Down

Manhunt.. bleh

I played the first game. Got bored after 3 or 4 levels. Very repetetive. No more gory or violent than many horror movies.. and nowhere near as realistic either.

Sawing off someone's head with a Wiimote would be a pretty strange though I have to admit, I could certainly see it 'inspiring' people who were already disturbed to begin with, like that kid who was obsessed with Manhunt and went out a'murderin with his hammer or whatever it was..

This topic is closed for new posts.