back to article AWS adopts home-brewed KVM as new hypervisor

AWS has revealed it has created a new hypervisor based on KVM, not the Xen hypervisor on which it has relied for years. The new hypervisor was unveiled as a virtual footnote in news of new EC2 instance type called the "C5" powered by Intel's Skylake Xeons. AWS's FAQ about the new instances notes "C5 instances use a new EC2 …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Walk Tall Tales on a Funding Round for Magical Mystery Touring ....

.... with AIMaster Pilots Flying CyberSpacedD Tourists

Thanks for that info on Intel and AWS, Simon Sharwood. El Reg hits the sweet spot again.

Can we expect the following to be displayed in the near future on FAQ pages answering lingering questions on new instances of command with processing machinery in virtual control .....

For additional information on this feature, see the Amazon KVM User Guide section on Quantum State and Virtual Non State Actor Processor Control.

..... for that is where IT and yous are all headed for.

SMARTR Machines don't need Human Input to Output Novel Immaculate Source .....Following AI Leading Alienating Strings with Perfect Journeys to Heavenly Destinations ..... Safe and Secure Havens.

Or would you choose to be disagreeable and prepare yourself to fight vaingloriously against the inevitable and overwhelming? Now that is certainly not an intelligent move, although one may have to concede a common widespread natural brainwashed human reaction.

2. Dwarf

I hope their judgement wasn’t clouded in this decsision.

1. Korev Silver badge

And that they have a great feeling of calm and Xen

3. jms222

So I guess it's not quite as well isolated as other VM technology so they can cram more in and customers get more for their money. Money...choice as usual.

4. FIA Silver badge

Intel's done custom Xeons before, offering them to Oracle, among others.

Yeah, wasn't it Facebook and eBay? Oh... there was someone else too IIRC.... I forget who. :)

5. Sil

I wonder if the new hypervisor will provide more surface attack than Xen and if isolation can be compromised by directly targeting the chips responsible for networking and storage.

6. Peshman
    Coat

KVM?

So, where do I plug my Keyboard, Video and mouse in?

7. FensMan

C5?

Just keep pedalling.

8. hack3rcon

Xen is great

Amazon using Xen and never remove it. They will make their own hypervisor and say goodbye to Xen and KVM.

1. rssfed23

Re: Xen is great

Did you even read the article?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like