back to article Microsoft straps open source jQuery to Visual Studio

Microsoft is softening its attitude on shipping open-source code with Windows with a decision to distribute the handy jQuery JavaScript library with Visual Studio. Corporate vice president of Microsoft's developer division Scott Guthrie has said Microsoft will distribute the popular library along with Intellisense, snippets, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pierre
    Coat

When I read that line, I puked

"Distributing jQuery with Visual Studio will put these tools straight into the hands of developers building rich internet applications (RIAs) for Microsoft's .NET Framework"

Damn. Microsoft found a way to use an open source project for it's Evil scheme. It's like watching Baby Jesus in a miniskirt and fishnet stockings on a motel parking lot.

2. Charles Manning

What's the problem

MS don't want GPL-only licensed code near their stuff. They are happy with a dual license.

Where's the scandal in that?

3. Martin
    Unhappy

Yeah right. A patch

Those two famous words...

Embrace...

Extend...

4. Dave
    Stop

Not the best choice.

I prefer mootools. Oh well, it's an MS decision after all! :D

5. Dave
    Dead Vulture

WTF?

"jQuery lets you build AJAX applications using few keystrokes because commands can be chained together."

Explain?

And while you are at it, perhaps you could explain why MS would have any interest at all in 'forking' jQuery? If they did so, then they would have to either make their updates available, or else risk the wrath of the GPL, neither of which they would want to do.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like