back to article Game stash truck lifted from cops' lorry lock-up

Police have learnt the true meaning of Grand Theft Auto, after a lorry full of stolen PlayStation 3 games was nicked from their... ahem... secure lock-up. According to a report by the Sun, shutters at a secure police depot in Northampton were smashed open to allow the vehicle to be driven away by the thieves. The truck …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Police insurance claim.

Hope they got a crime ref number. Someone should be around in a couple of days to have a look at it...

2. b
    Stop

"if you don't stop, i'll be VERY mad!"

i got him in my sights!

;)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Atten: James Sherwood

Any reason why the picture in the article shows the 360 version of GTA IV, when clearly this is about the PS3 version?

The 360 discs were in the other lorry, they opened it, realised they got the wrong lorry, and left those by the side of the road...

4. It'sa Mea... Mario
    Stop

This is one of those stories...

..that deserves much fuller coverage.

A lorry full of PS3 games gets nabbed by police becuase it has false number plates - why the false number plates? had the games already been stolen once? what of the original driver?

Someone has broken in to the police car pound, known which truck has the high value cargo, ram raided their way out, got away with enouth time to empty the truck of it's palettes of games and then hide them before the police found the truck?

Either this is a well connected criminal gang or we have someone on their way to becoming a supervillan! We now need a superhero to step up and restore balance!

5. Fluffykins Silver badge

Nah!

I reckon the Plod will be deploying massed playings of the game, nobbling the screen villains and adding the score to make their crime statistics jump straight to Wonderful Plus

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

plod were busy clocking the games

I reckon the plods thought all these new titles comeon lads lets give it a go, so they opened the van in such a rush to try it left the keys in egnition and station gates open :)

13 hours later they walked out and the lorry was gone

ahhh the joys of gaming

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

360 versions

@ Anonymous Coward • Monday 29th September 2008 15:22 GMT

Not reported is that there were also 10 pallets of the 360 versions of the games. The police are not looking for these as the thieves broke back into the secure lockup and returned them a few hours later.

(in reference to Only Fools and Horse and the broken lawnmower engines.)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Wouldnt suprise me..

If there are some plods out there with some 'new' PS3 - wondering what the hell these other disks are as they arent movies.

*\. Looking in the police jacket for the lock-up keys.

9. Chris G

Not necessarily nicked from the nick

A lot of plod car compounds are not actually at the nick , often they are on a nearby Industrial estate that at night is probably plod free. So not too much of a problem to re-purloin your plod purloined goodies!

10. kain preacher

Inside job

WHy does this have the feel of an inside job ?? Was any thing else taken??

11. Kenny Swan
    Thumb Down

Interesting change...

When I read this story for the first time, it was stated that it was only copies on Brothers In Arms that were loaded onto the truck. Once The Sun gets it's hands on the story, now there's copies of GTAIV in there too, is there? The Sun wouldn't have made up that detail in order to imply the behaviour of the thieves was motivated by playing this game, would they? Nah, The Sun don't make up facts...

12. Paul

Is it just me?

Or does this sound like exactly like the kind of job you'd be called on to do in GTA?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well they have to have

something to play with in the canteen when they are listening to copyrighted music played on their pa system without paying a fee, it is only fair.

14. Ed

@Paul

I think rockstar will put it in GTA V once they hear of it... LOL

This topic is closed for new posts.