back to article Fire-breathing black cabs: Shock eyewitness photo

Our recent shock piece on an attempted incendiary uprising by the TX4-type cab prompted the neoLuddite Resistance Army to place all London cadres on Defcon Laguna. Well, the reality is worse than we thought. Here's an image caught by an NRA operative last night during a furious firefight in the capital: Last eyewitness photo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex
    Heart

Strangely...

...reminds me of Fight Club and the 'happy' airplane safety cards... All the Legoland peeps are smiling happily!

2. Simon
    Heart

Backdrop?

OMG, there was a link in that article to a bigger version of the image, nearly big enough to be a backdrop on my computer.

So how about including a backdrop size image link (For the new Playmobil article *every* friday, pleeeeese) we can all use as a weekly backdrop on our Pee Cees.

Woo, that would be sooo good, it would make my fridays.

"Hey everyone its Friday today, you know what that means?"

"Woo yeah, its the new El Reg Playmobil backdrop today, can't wait!"

*Drooooooool!*

3. Angus Ireland
    Thumb Up

Too much time

Someone must have too much spare time on their hands!

Certainly had me chuckling for a good five minutes at least.

4. Mike Crawshaw
    Thumb Up

OMFG!!!

Does their arrogance know no bounds??? Blatantly advertising their allegiance on the licence plate (L15ARD)??

The courage of the NRA photographer is an inspiration to us all.

5. Col
    Alert

Let me be the first to say:

I for one welcome our new vehicular overlords

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Obvious photoshopping

Have a look at the sky -- it's cloudy. No way the Google satellite could have seen that through the cloud. It's a fake.

7. dervheid
    Thumb Up

Flaming..

marvellous.

Hot. Hot. Hot!

8. Law
    Thumb Up

Yey - It's FRIDAY!!!! :D

I call photoshop though - Optimus Prime never smiles!!! ;)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suspicious

I'm starting to get the feeling that these Friday stories aren't entirely true.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Q: Are we not men? / A: You are number six.

I suggest you ditch the stories about computers and World of Warcraft, get rid of all this nonsense about defence expenditure, and turn The Register into a fully-illustrated news website along the lines of those Victorian newspapers that used drawings to illustrate e.g. the latest attempt to balloon across the North Pole. Only with Duplo. Assuming that the people who make Duplo don't get upset.

Alternatively, you could start up a caption competition, or something to rival Icanhascheezburger, which must surely earn a fair amount from advertising.

11. michael

Stay the corse

suport your local branch of the NRA

12. Richard

Cyborg Hybrids??

This sets a truly dangerous precedent.

What next? Margaret Beckett to meld with "A camper van? What the hell did the matrix do to Hot Rod?" Rodimus Prime?

Tony Blair + Soundwave: Soundbite?

13. Mark

re: Strangely...

Yup, I noticed that immediately too.

I suspect that the Lizard Invaders are planting hallucinogens in these black cabs so that, although running away in terror, any footage left will show happy smiling people. The LI will use this as propoganda if they can't delete all of it and show how happy everyone is now that our Lizard Overlords are making us work in their Mud Mines.

Be afraid.

Be VERY afraid.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

thank goodness

Until I saw the pictures I wasn't sure this was a real story or something made up. Now I'll have to bundle the kiddies up and hide them away until this hideous beast is put to rest.

Paris, 'cuz i want to bundle her up and put her to rest also.

15. skeptical i
    Coat

All I could think of was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ...

Sorry, the smile on the Optimus Prime overlord reminded me ... perhaps he too is a tool of Zool?

This topic is closed for new posts.