back to article Star Trek: Discovery delayed

Star Trek's next television incarnation, Star Trek: Discovery, has been delayed. Discovery will boldly go where no Trek has gone before: streaming. CBS' plans for the series call for its first couple of episodes to be broadcast before the rest of the 13-episode series hits the web. That was all supposed to start in January …

1. King Jack
    Facepalm

Do the job right

Place it 100+ years after Voyager, Put it on broadcast TV, Stop trying to shock by casting gay characters for effect. Or just cancel it now before it becomes the most pirated show in US history.

1. asphytxtc

Re: Do the job right

As much as I'm a Trek fan.. Unfortunately I have to agree, give the people what they want and stop trying to "do something new". Starting to get a little sick of this revisiting the past nonsense as well, Star Trek was supposed to be forward looking to a utopian, inspirational future.. hopefully it wont turn out as bad as these godawful, alternate timeline "movies"..

I'm really hoping Discovery delivers something for your average Trek fan.. but I'm losing hope all the time. At this rate, the first episode is going to be "everything in the quadrant gets blown up, except for the gay guy.. he lives happily ever after" :-/

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The problem is, stop going back and trying to patch stuff in, I mean I get it, you want to do the whole "look at what happened before they had a massive federation" and what not. But what's fun about star trek is tackling an issue a week and using a far future and aliens to do so and poorly made sets.

2. Nocroman

Poor gay guy. maybe he can crap into a couple of coconuts and enjoy quality time with his coconuts.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"Never give up! Never surrender!" No, wait, what?

But seriously, I'm both hopeful and apprehensive.

Oh well, maybe CBS will at least find a new and original way to fuck it up...

3. Nocroman

Come out in January 2017, Now delayed until may of 2017. Hmmm Today is September 13, 2017 and I haven't seen hide nor hair of Star Trek. So no more fooling around. When does The new Star Trek really come out? Does gone where no Trek has gone before mean they got lost out there and can't find their way back to CBS?

OR are those dates supposed to be in 2018?

Such a small story with no real correct information.

How can they make Star Trek shows and not even have the brains to allow patrons to not be able to record the series with commercials if the patron missed that episode due to more important things they have to do.

Actually TV should now have the capabilities to allow a viewer to just pick what they want to see at any time of the day or night. HBO does it, Showtime does it, and Cinemax does it. So why don't the*$&@#% at CBS, FOX, NBC, and other stations have it. We can't all have time to watch the news when it comes on. So we are left without important information until the next time they show the news. I want to watch F Troop when I want too. Even if it's at 3 am when I can't sleep.

Regular programming sucks. too much crap on TV for a person that works night or afternoon shift. They are shoppers too. they should be able to see what's on sale and even watch the same shows as a person who works dayshift. Come on CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX. get your heads out of your AS--- and start making entertainment available to watch what we want to watch when we want to watch the good shows on TV..

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon