back to article Atlassian kills God, rebrands as a mountain, a structurally unsound 'A' or a high five

DevOps darling Atlassian has given the world a new logo it says could be “two people high-fiving” or “a mountain ready for teams to scale” or perhaps even “the letter A formed from two pillars reinforcing each other.” Whatever you see when peering at the glyph depicted below, Atlassian wants you to know it has moved on from …

1. Lysenko

could be “two people high-fiving” or “a mountain ready for teams to scale”...

... or, given that Atlas was one of the Titans, it could be an iceberg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: could be “two people high-fiving” or “a mountain ready for teams to scale”...

Yes, that works: a sinking ship and the iceberg wot holed it.

Where's your B-ark now?

2. Voland's right hand Silver badge

a mountain ready for teams to scale”

"a mountain ready for teams to scale”

Sisyphean labor the agile way. Jira issue 222276: "Move the stone next 3 feet".

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: a mountain ready for teams to scale”

Activity

AC 12/09/17 18:49 LATEST

Pushed stone up next 3 feet but as it is very smooth and round, stone rolled back 6 feet.

3. Dan 55 Silver badge

Perhaps they're two joss sticks leaning against each other

Or a designer arrow on a volume control knob to turn the whalesong up to 11.

1. Graham Dawson Silver badge

Re: Perhaps they're two joss sticks leaning against each other

Your upvotes are at 11 as of this post. I want to upvote more, but...

4. Len Goddard

Money

Looks like a thumb rubbing a forefinger in the old sign for "give me the money"

1. Bronek Kozicki
      Coat

Re: Money

Very appropriate, too

2. macjules

Hmm, Actually it looks more like 2 knives being sharpened up. No doubt inspired by "What happens to developers when they dare to question their project manager"

3. JamesPond

Hmmm....wonder how much the design company charged for that? When I worked at BT they sent the marketing team to Barcelona for 5 days to come up with a new advert slogan....great work if you can get it.

5. stratcat

I was looking forward to replacing Hipchat...

... but now all my work t-shirts are out of date.

First world problems :)

6. macjules
    Facepalm

"a mountain ready for teams to scale"

Does that mean we should be using Basecamp instead?

7. Michael Hoffmann Silver badge
    Facepalm

facepalm?

The forehead above the face that is being hit by a palm?

1. A K Stiles
      Facepalm

Re: facepalm?

I was seeing it as a spacesuit helmet visor and a gloved/mittened hand attempting said face-palm...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's racist!!!

I notice that the dominant side is pure white, and blocking the advancement of a Pillar of Color.

1. Notas Badoff

Re: That's racist!!!

I think you're throwing shade here (and not noticing it there)

9. evadnos nibor

Flicking the Vs, maybe?

Aren't they an Oz company? That'd mean, from my British-centric point of view, that their V-signs are upside down ...

10. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Windows

Right

Maybe they could fix usability problems that have been open for about 5 years or so instead of moving them to "low priority".

And stop re-skinning the interface every 6 months, introduce HUJ bugs (currently it's not possible for me to CTRL-V paste into Confluenc, except in Chrome. Been the case for a month now. FFS!)

1. GordonD

Re: Right

My favourite Atlassian stupidities :-

I press ctrl-f for forward character, Atlassian pretend I'm on a PC and do find instead.

I press ctrl-e for end of line, Atlassian does bold instead, but only in some places, other places it does the right thing (D'Oh).

11. Jim 59

Rejected.

Bring back this article when it contains the phrase "josticks and whalesong"

12. poohbear

Skis

That's clearly the fronts of a pair of skis, on someone who doesn't know how to ski....

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like

someone holding a joint, minus the joint. Eye of the beholder and all that...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Looks like

>someone holding a joint, minus the joint. Eye of the beholder and all that...

You wouldn't have thought the eye of the beholder would be quite so bloodshot.

14. Notas Badoff
    FAIL

Have you looked at the product icons?

Only three 'winners' there. For 'statuspage' I see a nurse attending, for 'crowd' I see a police badge, and 'sourcetree' has a reversed question mark. Is this subliminal? The rest look like various arrangements of dumped sardines and white rice. Only 'trello' is pedestrian and actually suggestive of the product. Perhaps only they still have their heads on straight?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Did they also get new curtains in the lobby?

Because that's about how much difference this kind of exercise makes.

On the plus side, new tee-shirts for everybody!

16. deanb01

That was clearly worth it.

Been using Jira all day and wouldn't have noticed the change of logo but for this article

17. robsky
    Paris Hilton

The Jira Core logo reminds me of something. Maybe Paris can help out.

18. Fortycoats
    Facepalm

Charlie Sans?

Well, at least it's better than Comic Sans

To me that logo looks like someone being hit over the head by a frying pan......(Married Man perspective of teamwork).

Ouch, my head hurts.......

1. Fred Goldstein

Re: Charlie Sans?

The first thing that entered my mind when I saw it was Comic Sans. It looks like a watered-down version, perhaps Comic Sans crossed with boring old Arial. Still not a "take me seriously font.

2. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
      FAIL

They should have used Sans Bullshit Sans.

1. Alistair
        Pint

@Throatwarbler:

many thanks for that link. I've a team (or three) to send there.......

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's clearly someone clicking their fingers.

If you take the first and last 3 letters off the name it becomes clear.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typical

Typical of The Register to use capitalization errors to make clickbait headlines.

It's god, with a "g".

21. Robert D Bank

Arse up!

New logo looks like someone bent over ready to take one from behind, how Agile.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is Atlas?

Now it just looks like a butt with clearly the word "ass" in the middle.

I guess since they didn't need a sales force to re-consume the barf from last decade's excessive IT spending on meaningless custom crap powered by the industry laxative that was J2EE, they figured they didn't need a staff of editors to point out out the obvious design gaffes either.

Or maybe, they *are* the ass now...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like