back to article Tesco reveals unannounced Dell 12in netbook

Tesco appears to have leaked details of Dell's next mini laptop. But while some sites a jumping for joy at the inadvertent bean spillage, we're not sure the suggested spec makes sense for a netbook. Tesco describes the machine as a "Dell Inspiron Z530 1GB 12in Web Browser" that provides an "ultra-mobile web experience. Consume …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tim

12 inch by 12 inch

that would make it MUCH bigger than a 12 inch screen. My 15.4 laptop is only 12 inches wide. come on, pythagoras could have told you that centuries ago!

2. Chris Officer
    Alert

They also reveal another bargain

Noticed this yesterday and they also have a listing for a Dell Inspiron N270 which looks like a standard mini-9 with linux for the bargain price of £229. Also due on Oct 6th. If that's true then it's made my mind up about which netbook to buy.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Is is?

a new Small, Cheap Computer from the PC giant?

I'm hungover - stop confusing me!

4. James Pickett
    Happy

Names

"Ubunto Linux"

That's the Tesco version, presumably. Just as well they didn't choose Tescuntu...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Link?

To much to ask for a link ...?

6. Chris Officer
    Alert

@myself

Checked the site again after reading this article and the price of the Inspiron N270 has been upped to £249, still cheaper than the £269 suggested in the press. Not quite the bargain it was looking yesterday though.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/N.1998341.aspx

7. Paul
    IT Angle

Ubunto Linux!

Every little helps,

Like not buying computer equipment from the muppets at tesco...

IT?

No we dont know what that is, maybe its down the bread isle, ask sharon over there.

8. J
    Coat

Consume your media where ever you are

I'm sorta new at this Engrisch speaking business, but is that "where ever" good form? Or is it fine, and same as "wherever"? What ever...

9. Steven Raith
    Unhappy

Mmm.

The temptation to pick an Aspire One or one of these wee Dell jobs up is getting hard to control these days.

Must....wait....for....AMD mobile chip....to...surface before making a choice.

Steven R

10. Richard

Tesco has cheapest Acer Aspire One though ...

The AOA A110L 512Mb 8Gb is available for £198 plus you get 396 id card points (worth almost £4 8-)

11. Dave Bell

Tesco not totally hopeless

But I wouldn't really recommend them for actual computers.

Webcams, mice, keyboards, that level, they're OK. The stuff does what it says on the box (and there's other cheap stuff which doesn't).

12. Neil
    Pirate

evil

yes lets buy our laptops from Tesco so that local businesses will not be able to compete and our town centres will fill with charity shops.

Bugger, too late.

13. Nick Miles
    Happy

PC World

Recently bought myself a Dell Lappy from PC World as I needed one sharpish, and when i registered it online later in the week, it was showing as being bought from Tescos. So even if you don't buy one there, Dell still seems to think that you did.

;o)

14. Blubster
    Linux

@PC World

Probably did come from Tesco - some PC World drone probably sent out to buy half a dozen (that's six to all those post decimalisation) 0.5 dozen?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like