back to article Trump upgrades Cyber Command, may sideline NSA in future

United States president Donald Trump upgraded the U.S. Cyber Command to the status of a “Unified Combatant Command”. Unified commands combine personnel from at least two branches of the US military and are given ongoing missions. Before the elevation of the Cyber Command to this status, the nine unified combatant commands …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. E 2

Cyber Command, or...

Cyber-Befehl

1. This post has been deleted by its author

3. E 2

Cyber Command, or

Cyber Befehl?

4. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Joke

The World According To Donald Trump

as imagined in HuffPost UK...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/01/11/map-of-the-world-according-to-donald-trump_n_8952812.html

Inspiration undoubtedly came from "The World According To Ronald Reagan" maps by David Horsey

https://www.raremaps.com/maps/medium/46892.jpg"

https://www.raremaps.com/maps/medium/46890.jpg

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Super Advanced ProgramMING .... Mined IntelAIgent Networking Games

And, Simon Sharwood, APAC Editor, the ongoing mission for Cyber Commands, Anywhere and Everywhere in and into Control of Spaces and Earth, is …… Provision of Presents with Prime Practical Parallel Programming Platforms for Perfectly Phished and Phormed Product Placements?

Yes …. That’s the Way to do IT. And do you realise it is being done, sublimely by some and badly by others?

If IT aint fun and your results are depressing, you're doing internetworking things wrong.

1. Martin Summers Silver badge

Re: Super Advanced ProgramMING .... Mined IntelAIgent Networking Games

When AI turns to spam.

I think it's about time The Register comments on our robotic commentard colleague, the fact they haven't and let him rip on the comments makes me wonder if he's officially sanctioned...

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Super Advanced ProgramMING .... Mined IntelAIgent Networking Games for Lend-Lease Sale

Spam, MS? You wish. Please pay closer attention.

And as for the other El Reg thing ....... Mum's the word whenever the discovery and uncovering of both state and non state secrets are at stake and for trading into bullish bare markets and bearish bull markets alike.

6. Avatar of They
    FAIL

That map real.

Only he puts all of the EU in the same boat as Russia.

So the one cyber command has to consider nearly all of his allies to be on the same par as.... Ahhhhh never mind.

This is trump we are talking about.

7. Tom Servo

First task....

DT : Go find me who leaked the photo of my inauguration crowd.

But sir, we have Russia using all means to divide the west using not only traditional cyber infiltration tactics but increasingly sophisticated social engineering via social media channels through a paid army of false accounts and bots. We also have to combat china using state sponsored resources to gain access to both private corporate and state networks at will as well as terrorist organisations using various encrypted channels of communication

DT : No, go find out who's leaking to the fake news about my temper tantrums, that's the real crime. Also, go find and delete the tape of me and the hookers.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I feel sorry for Donald Trump...

He's a good, decent, Christian man, trying to do the best for the country he loves, and literally working himself to death doing so. His stable and passionate team at the White House, some of whom have laboured alongside the great man for literally weeks, know that Trump is a winner - bringing together the best facets of a successful businessman, and a giant in Politics. Yet even they must despair of ever getting the credit the deserve for turning America around, after the mess the very much unloved Obama left. Ask yourself, what did Obama really do for the US?

The media is very much to blame of course; Trump won at least 92%* of the popular vote, yet the left-wing press keep hounding him, twisting his words and deeds into something vile. Even the writers on this spiky punchy website, roll over and show their furry bellies to the left wing media bullies as soon as Trump is mentioned. But I suspect, in private, may of these authors just wish they could be more like Donald. I'm not one of those nutty conspiracy theorists, but I think someone powerful and secretive, perhaps Bill Gates, is literally controlling the whole global media to try and shape our thoughts and essences into something truly broken, to try and weaken us. But we will not be beaten. When the founding fathers put together the American constitution, I'm sure they were thinking of a man like Trump.

Luckily Trump is surrounded by a caring, clever and loyal family. The looks of love Melania gives her man are heartwarming to the extreme - and hopefully sustain Donald though difficult times. And Jared Kushner - what an honest, hard-working and upstanding young man! America is truly safe in their hands, and I suspect Russian politicians appreciate the transparency and openness the Trump administration is showing them. Giving another country facts and information that even your security forces deem sensitive is the mark of a brave and honest man.

So, from me and all the other thousands of Trump fans: we say "Donald! Thank-you! Whatever happens, just continue to be you! Speak your mind, all of it, whatever comes into it! You don't need a script! Don't listen to the Judges, don't listen to your critics! And don't change your hair-style. It brings hope to American men everywhere."

Thank-you for reading the thoughts of a despairing, yet passionately hopeful American. God Bless America, and God Bless the President. And God bless you, readers one and all. Even if you don't agree with me, hopefully the future words and deeds of Donald, a man who's in many ways more than America deserves, will sway you.

* You won't ever see this number - 92% - in the press, which I think rather proves my point.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I feel sorry for Donald Trump...

Sir,

I am looking forward to your contributions to appear as a regular column on this site. We all need to see the truth as it is, and you are revealing it to us in all its glory and splendour.

An admirer

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I feel sorry for Donald Trump...

He's a good, decent, Christian man, trying to do the best for the country he loves, and literally working himself to death doing so.

You sod. Now I have a monitor literally dripping sarcasm. If I don't get this cleared up before my wife shows up she'll think I've been browsing other sites, and I had that covered.

In short: more!

:)

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Feeling sorry for Donald Trump...

but I think someone powerful and secretive, perhaps Bill Gates, is literally controlling the whole global media to try and shape our thoughts and essences into something truly broken, to try and weaken us. ..... Anonymous Coward

Well, AC, you certainly nearly got that almost right but perhaps you should be considering there be any number of secretive Bill Gates types thinking to pull effective media strings, and more often than not nowadays, to try and ensure that they be not personally identified for mass public and private pirate attention which would be more deadly hostile than creatively comforting, methinks,

Question more and it is inevitable that you will be privy to and be able to host and post all possible answers, with any perceived suspects wronged in the spotlight and Harry Limelights ever more likely to shine a light in the true direction of one's travel for enlightenment and sub-prime media source discovery.

Do any of you reading here think the news in its current streams and conventional forms is an altogether most unpleasant AIMeme and Virtual Means of Distraction, rather than a tool for intelligence presenting smarter information and new clear views for population.

NEUKlearer HyperRadioProACTive Scripts easily change the Global Picture and introduce Novel Leadership Platforms of Irregular and Unconventional FutureBuild.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. deadlockvictim

Twitter

I wonder if this newly upgraded Cyber-Command will have the power to discipline members of the Administration who fire off messages to the outside world without official approval will be sanctioned, have their twitter-machine taken off them etc.?

11. TrumpSlurp the Troll

Seems a sensible move

Especially as he seems to be fighting all the TLAs at the moment.

1. Adrian 4

Re: Seems a sensible move

Maybe Cyber Command (it sounds like a TV show or a board game) will tell him useful political facts like 'It's fine to backdoor encryption' instead of annoying technical stuff like the NSA does.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm, so that's what revenge looks like

Well, I guess the NSA had it coming after reporting on all those Russian communications by Trump & co. I was wondering what was taking him so long.

13. samzeman

"Hi Cyber Command!" doesn't have as much of a ring to it as "Hi NSA!" when you post things containing the word bomb etc.

Although, since it's Command now, I feel like I should end posts that will show up to them with Over.

Over.

14. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

He seems to be taking an increasing military turn. Maybe someone should tell him about George II (the Hanoverian king, not Bush) who was the last British monarch to lead his troops in battle. Then suggest a war where there are real bullets flying, not just tweets.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Military aspect

Indeed. From the article, it was this bit... "Trump appears more inclined to respect advice from senior military figures than counsel from other sources" ...that really caught my eye.

To paraphrase an old adage 'To a man with only an army/navy/air force every problem looks like a war'.

Just as in law, where the enforcers of the law should not play any part in deciding what the law should be, the military should not play any part in deciding international relations.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

He seems to be taking an increasing military turn.

That's about the only sign I have found that he is actually capable of learning, it just needs to be in his interest (read: profitable) I suspect he's presently working on how to make military efforts feed into real estate profit without being too obvious about it.

You'll know immediately when he has worked it out because that's the moment he'll start WW3 :(.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like