back to article Oracle support service goes MIA (again)

Oracle has launched an ambitious "next-generation" support service amid lingering and painful outages in the database giant's existing online services. Employing its typical pomp and bombast, Oracle used its annual OpenWorld conference to announce My Oracle Support, which integrates its existing MetaLink support service with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks fine to me

Who uses downloads.oracle.com? I work for them, and I didn't even know it existed.

Get all your stuff from http://www.oracle.com/technology/index.html instead, that's working. Maybe that "one forum member" needs to use some initiative?

2. Joe

Wrong site?

Perhaps he is trying the wrong site. as per the previous poster,

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/index.html

has all the downloads you could want, and is where I have always got downloads from

3. MikeeMike
    Unhappy

Glad we use SQLServer!

All actual downloads from the www.oracle.com site redirect to downloads.oracle.com; I have been trying to download the Oracle client for the last 4 days and it's been extremely annoying not being able to get it. Also, Oracle don't seem to offer any alternative ways of getting the install! We normally use SQLServer but need to connect to an Oracle DB as part of a migration, glad we're just going to rip all the data out of it and never have to actually use it! If they can't keep a HTTP site up why would we bet on them in business?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Download MS-SQL?

Perhaps this brilliant whiner can provide us a link to the place on the Microsoft site where we can download MS SQL server?

For Linux no less?

5. wulff heiss
    Flame

err...

Quote: "download a decent database (like MS SQL)."

WTF???? next thing coming is "get a proper DBMS like Access" or what??????

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ahh, the Windows kiddies...

Can't miss an opportunity to rubbish the non-MS world, can they?

<Start Homer Simpson sarcastic whiney voice and flapping arms>

Ooooh, I don't like Oracle... Ooooh, it's too hard... Ooooh, I have to use my brain to make it work. Ooooh, whine whine until all my friends bugger off...

</Homer, more's the pity>

Having said that, this outage *is* a clanger. Perhaps they're running IIS :)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tried edelivery.oracle.com instead?

Although edelivery.oracle.com does not offer all the downloads available from Oracle, it does supply you with trial software, which was sought after anyway.

8. Justin Kestelyn

Clear your browser cache dude

Ummm, did you think about clearing your browser cache?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like