back to article Speaking in Tech: Do I need some weird thing listening to me in my house all the time?

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Amy Lewis, Ed Saipetch and Greg Knieriemen are all together this week on the nerdcast to discuss resting and vesting in the valley, Black Hat in Vegas, VMworld and IoT accidents. The details… (0:00) Coastal podcast wars (2:30) IoT accident (4:30) The failure of Google …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Zot

Someone should plumb that toilet in before, oh...

2. Lotaresco

Do I need some weird thing listening to me in my house all the time?

Betteridge's law of headlines applies.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Do I need some weird thing listening to me in my house all the time?

That saved me looking up whose law it was

1. Commswonk

If the answer to the headline is "no" then I suggest avoiding any event that includes the words "I do".

2. DavCrav

"Do I need some weird thing listening to me in my house all the time?"

A friend of mine has one of these home spying kits. Even though it's in the other room, he said, in a normal voice, "Hey Google, what's the weather tomorrow?" and it answered from two rooms away. Everyone involved considered this disturbing. And yet they still have it.

3. BobChip
    Thumb Down

NO!

No. Absolutely not. Particularly when everything you say is liable to be sent to someone else's data scraping operation to be used for heaven knows what. (Actually, we know only too well for what, and I'm not having any of it.)

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
      Happy

Re: NO!

"and I'm not having any of it"

Change your aftershave.

4. TheElder

It depends on the the forum they use

Biological functions

5. TheElder

The photo

It occurs to me you should have shown him talking on the phone...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like