back to article Post Office puts stamp on ISP minnow Fuel

The Post Office has today completed its acquisition of ISP Fuel Broadband, adding 60,000 customers to its UK network. Prior to the migration, Blighty's Post Office had about 460,000 telecoms customers. ISP Review has reported that 180,000 of those are broadband subscribers. It did not disclose how much cash was splashed on the …

1. SkippyBing

What now?

'However, Capita was booted off the deal two years early after insiders said it missed a number of service-level agreements.'

How's about the government learn a lesson from this?

1. wolfetone Silver badge

Re: What now?

"How's about the government learn a lesson from this?"

Government, Councils, the BBC, all still dealing with Crapita.

I'm starting to think these MP's and other officials have shares in the company.

1. Captain Scarlet
        Mushroom

"all still dealing with Crapita"

In my experience they keep buying smaller service companies and integrating them into their borg collective. Its normally not good as they don't seem to actually want anyone's money from these companies they purchase.

2. Slef

It has!

It has given further contracts in the justice field to G4S who were caught defrauding the Government (and ultimatly the British People) further contracts!

3. smudge

Well it did say "next-generation network (NGN) broadband experience", not "service".

4. Anonymous Coward Silver badge
      Facepalm

"How's about the government learn a lesson"

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

"they keep buying smaller..companies and integrating them into their borg collective."

Because today's small competitor could become tomorrow's competent large competitor.

Think of it as the "King Herrod" strategy.

3. Ugotta B. Kiddingme
    Joke

so after all these years...

that urban legend warning me about the Postal Service "email tax" is about to come true?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: so after all these years...

I'd be a lot happier to receive junk email if I knew it had cost the sender 50 pence to reach me, even happier if there was a revenue share so half the 50p went into my account.

4. xXSwolGunzXx

Why is the post office providing broadband?

1. Anonymous Coward Silver badge
      Boffin

The POST office

How did you submit that comment?

<form method=POST action=...

1. Korev Silver badge
        Joke

Re: The POST office

Do you think they'll GET that comment?

5. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

I wonder is...

Meredith Sharples, director of telecoms at Post Office, said: "The acquisition demonstrates our commitment to further growth in the telecoms business."

...they considered buying BT?

It's rather ironic that the PO thinks it should be a telecoms provider considering the end result of the last time they dabbled in the industry ;-)

6. PeterM42
    Facepalm

CRAPita.........

.....missed a number of service-level agreements.

SURELY NOT??????

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like