back to article Microsoft finally allows hosted desktops on multi-tenant hardware

Microsoft's dispensed with a licensing oddity that saw it prohibit hosted virtual desktops running on multi-tenanted hardware. Redmond's allowed virtual Windows desktops hosted in the cloud or by service providers for ages, but only if they run on dedicated hardware for each client. The effect of that policy has been service …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Conesuming need

"Microsoft also wants Windows to be offered however customers might conceivably consider consuming it."

Mebs! I must to consume mass quantities of Windows. With motherboard-and-chips, and a case of beer. Mebs!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Conesuming need

Remember you're a "consumer", no longer a "customer" or a "client"...

1. Peter2 Silver badge

Re: Conesuming need

Microsoft also wants Windows to be offered however customers might conceivably consider consuming it."

Good. Rename Win7 to "WinClassic for Business". Price it at about £1 per user, per month. Include ongoing security patches for about fifty years and otherwise just leave it alone. You'll get plenty of people buying it.

2. Adam 1

But it will run Crysis!

1. Swarthy

Run Cysis, or cause a crisis... One of the two, I am sure.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>But it will run Crysis!

I came cross a similar joke recently. While rummaging around my Grandma's loft I found a box of Christmas crackers from the 1960s so I thought I'll test one and to my surprise they still worked with a satisfying snap. Eagerly I looked inside to see what it contained and within was a fine gold party hat, a game of jacks and a slip of paper containing the obligatory Christmas jape which read:

Will it run Crysis ?

Oh how I laughed at such quaint bygone humour while proceeding to fall though my Grandma's ceiling.

3. Gnisho

Decades behind!

Yup, Microsoft finally allows capabilities offered by others decades ago.

1. handleoclast

Re: Decades behind!

Yup, Microsoft finally allows capabilities offered by others decades ago.

Be fair to them. Microsoft innovates stuff it copies/buys/steals. It adds its special sauce of brokenness, unreliability and unusability. Superficially it looks the same as other people had decades ago, but the proof of the pudding is in the throwing up.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Want to know the price ?

I'm sorry but you cannot afford it as you need to ask, Sir.

5. Fan of Mr. Obvious

Oh, F*

one too many effs in that link ending in .pdff

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like