back to article Brickbat unwraps in lap of crap Snapchat yap app technocrat brats after stock splat mishap

Snap Inc is being sued by its shareholders who claim that executives misled investors about the value of SnapChat app maker ahead of its IPO earlier this year. The lawsuit [PDF], filed this month in the California Central US District Court, accuses Snap, CEO Evan Spiegel and CFO Drew Vollero of violating US securities laws. …

1. fruitoftheloon

Yes!

...and i'll read the article in the morning.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have we just reached Peak Register?

Snapchat to get SEC slap for stock crap rap in face of ipo fallback and people swapping shitty crack snaps.

I thought I'd give it a go, I think yours is better.

3. Your alien overlord - fear me
    Facepalm

How Snapchat shat on IPO (I Pee Only) early birds - shorter but gets in the IPO description !!!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

When will these investors stop trusting "metrics" and "data", and just ask a commentard.

5. Nate Amsden

I thought snapchat said

That they may not ever make money

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/03/snap_files_for_ipo/

That along with committing to spend $400M a year on google cloud (or any service for that matter) should of driven everyone scrambling to the exits.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I bet you can't say the title of the article 10 times really fast without making a mistake!

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

"I bet you can't say the title of the article 10 times really fast without making a mistake!"
      Correct!

2. Captain DaFt

I bet you can't say the title of the article 10 times really fast without making a mistake!

You're on!

The title of the article

The title of the article

The title of the article

The title of the article

The tartle of the eyeticle...

Aw fudge!

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"I bet you can't say the title of the article 10 times really fast without making a mistake!"

the title of the article 10 times

7. Tromos

Peak register

You know, there is such a thing as trying TOO hard.

8. Alistair

Hang on

I think we're missing an ICON for this type of article commentary.

"projectile vomit"

Which covers both the Reg subHead, and well, the app. And the IPO. And well, just about anything to do with the subject.

9. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Short headline

Lawyer* persuades shareholders to sue shareholders.

*There's always one at the bottom of things like this. Shareholders are suing a corporation. Who are the corporation? The shareholders. Who gets the fees?

10. frank ly

Peak Register

I think you've jumped the vulture with that one.

11. Ben1892

Peak Register

Yes, it's going to be hard to top that masterwork, downhill from here then ?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like