back to article Vodafone prices up HSDPA-bundled Dell netbook

Vodafone will be offering Dell's Inspiron Mini 9 netbook for free when it starts selling the HSDPA enabled version of the Small, Cheap Computer next month. To get the Mini 9 for nowt, you have to take out a two-year airtime contract priced at £25 per month. Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Dell's Inspiron Mini 9: free via Vodafone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Wow

only £600 for a netbook and 1 whole Gb a month on the internet - where do I sign up ?

Using Paris because there is no 'fcukwit' icon :-)

2. Mr G Ninja

No chance of bundling phone and PC?

I want a data package to use with a "small cheap PC" and a phone. I can't be alone in this surely. For £35 a month I'd be happy with a mid-range phone and a PC I could use for most of the net access.

3. John Latham

Is the 3G internal or via dongle?

Well, is it?

4. Stuart

Better with Three?

Say £279 for an Asus 901, £30 for modem & £10 month PAYG for 1Gb. That maxes out at £549 over 2 years. Better computer, better coverage, and even less because you don't have to pay when you don't use it and you can switch to another better deal anytime.

No contest. Who uses the once great Voda these days and why?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm

Firstly @ John Latham its an internal HSDPA card, most likely Novatel. Not sure what bands or HSDPA/3G classes. Probably 3.6Mbps.

Bearing in mind it's internal thus hidden from luser I wonder how many customers will be ringing up Vodafone when something internet related f**ks up expecting them to fix it!

6. George Oommen
    Happy

George

Hmmm... I have unlimited skype, msn messenger, push email from 3 separate accounts, and for a fiver a month, 3 gigabytes a month (separate from skype!) over hsdpa via bluetooth... I can even log in to two gmail, skype and msn messenger accounts simultaneously usng fring...try doing that on a PC or mac!! plus tomtom on an 8GB microsd on my nokia 6120, turn by turn to Moscow and back.... nearest petrol station in the Ukraine please, and it calls direct from my phone!!! or kodi.cz for the oxford english dictionary to czech or ukranian...incredible....don't mean to sound like a plug but x series on 3 is insane....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like