back to article TiVo and Amazon get with the picture

Tivo and Amazon have finally gotten it right. Starting today, TiVo DVR users can download movies from Amazon's Unbox service straight from their television sets - without help from a PC. Users have been shuttling Amazon's Unbox movies to their broadband-connected TiVo digital video recorders since early spring, when the two …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Riveting story

In what way is this story of interest to people in the UK, or for that matter to anyone in the world other than the USA?

2. Nick

Woo Great - Here's me waving the smallest flag in the world.

Yeah, great, and back in the UK we're stuck with going to the video shop, ordering off the internet and waiting for it to be delivered, buying a dodgy DVD, or downloading illegally.

Come back to me when this launches in the UK.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

All purchases are stored online by Amazon

The better to track what you buy and how often you watch it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come back TiVo

I love my UK TiVo series 1 but I think I'd have almost indecent amounts of love for one of the newer models.

Is no UK media provider interested in licencing TiVo for their own set-top boxes? Sky is out - partly because it did such a crappy job on marketing the original box, but also because it wants to flog its (in many ways inferior) Sky+ box; but surely the likes of Branson need something to distinguish their own offerings.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like