back to article Bah Gawd! WWE left wrasslin' fans' privates on display online

World Wrestling Entertainment – the home of America's top costumed pantomime actors – has admitted that it exposed members online for anyone to see. Kromtech Security Research Center found a database containing information on three million US subscribers to WWE on an unsecured Amazon S3 bucket. The data included addresses, …

1. elDog

I've always thought the best security was sending out the Terminator or Hulk

You violate our privacy punk, kapow! I know they are just actors, but still...

The Sicilians knew how much a blown-away kneecap meant. The Russrians know all about polonium.

Real retaliation above and beyond the actual offense is the best guarantee of "Terms and Conditions".

WWE should be visited by some enforcers. Perhaps it could be taped for a reality show!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Maybe...

They could make a storyline out of this.. would be a whole lot more entertaining than some of the stuff they provide us with now.

When I saw a match I don't need to see a re-run the very next week. and I sure as heck don't need to see it gettin repeated (but in slightly different fashion) for the next 6 weeks in a row. Yet that's basically what you get with WWE these days.

Saw the main event in a PPV ("Pay Per View") match? Cool stuff. Chances are high you'll get to see the exact same match right in the next week on one of the free televised shows.

I'll just get my coat now...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Re: Maybe...

> "Yet that's basically what you get with WWE these days"

Not like the 'golden age' of pro wrestling, eh? When was that anyway?

High impact choreography has been going on right from the beginning of the TV era, and I bet even before that. I used disparage pro wrestling, but that was before sitting down and really watching for an hour. What amazingly overblown drama! The highs, the lows, the twists and turns, the trash talk, the love/hate affairs, the failures and redemptions! It's better than real life!

Okay, I don't actually watch it now, but I like living in a world big enough to contain pro wrestling.

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Cloud storage is sold as the easy option. Maybe it isn't. Maybe it requires as much skill as keeping it in house.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As I grew up watching all this (giant haystacks etc...) and just so I am understanding this correctly, you are saying it's not real.

I was led to believe in cloud security but now I feel as though it's been hit with a chair or an elbow to the face with a foot stomp.

My world is shattered.

5. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

WWE?

Search engines still direct me to World Wrestling Entertainment sites when I enter 'WWF'. I thought Vince McMahon got smacked down by a panda.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the home of America's top costumed pantomime actors

There's a bunch of well-dressed performers in a big, white house that are sort of funny....

7. MrDamage Silver badge

WWE

Where people without pants, compete for a belt.

8. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

We done El Reg

for not calling this [thing] a sport.

9. Stevie

Bah!

All your pinfall are belong to lightbulb.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like