back to article Speaking in Tech: Rock your body now, Java's back...All Right!

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise Ed, Amy and Greg are back together for this week's uber-nerd podcast with special guest Richard Seroter, senior director of product at Pivotal, to talk about bad actors in tech, destructive malware and developer productivity with obscure programming languages. The details …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Java is back? You know you want to see Java's back!

As they say:

Keep the JVM – Ditch Java

At least take the step to JetBrains' Kotlin, Lovely Svetlana Ivakova (co-author of "Kotlin in Action") explains:

Kotlin: что понимается под современным языком программирования ("Modern programming language" - what does it mean)

Unsure about your Russian? Try this for example: GOTO 2017 • Kotlin - Ready for Production • Hadi Hariri

Try it here: Online runtime

2. Sebastian Brosig

MS Paint

Digital Lomography. Popular with 4chan artists.

3. ed 22

Java - the popularity of it, may be partly dependent upon the Oracle upkeep and their slowness in releasing new updates.

4. Herby

Nail clippers??

So very Un-geek. I use nice big bulky wire cutters. They work wonderfully. The one time I asked to borrow a pair at a place I worked at (to cut my fingernails, toenails is way to gross!), I was asked to leave the "lab". Live and learn. I haven't tried on flights, might be interesting.

This topic is closed for new posts.