back to article What can you buy with 12 bucks? Avocado on toast? A slice of Tintri?

All-flash and hybrid array startup Tintri has set out its IPO pricing terms, and they look quite modest. With 8.7 million shares to be sold and priced between $10.50 and $12.50 each, it’s hoping to raise $100m. At the $11.50 mid-point in its stock price range, Silicon Valley-based Tintri would have a market capitalization of $ …

1. Herby

This looks like a company that has the slogan...

Lose a little on each one, and make it up in volume.

And if you look at the charts, that is exactly what they are doing.

Me? I don't like avocados. Ever. Green slime!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a disappointment

All those years of hard work for a sub $400 million market cap? I bet folks who spent a few years there are thinking that was a waste of time.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What a disappointment

A complete waste of time. They just did a 6 to 1 share rollback which put all the employees hired over the last three years under water. Plus they did a share buyback for the President and CFO to repay their loans. Pretty brutal.

June 1, 2017 Approval of a share repurchase from Ken Klein and Ian Halifax to

repay the outstanding balance of the loan owed to Mr. Klein and Mr. Halifax

June 26, 2017 Approval of Certificate of Amendment to the A&R Charter effecting

the 6:1 reverse stock split.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: What a disappointment

I'd heard rumors of a reverse split, but didn't know if it was true. Hadn't heard about the loan thing.

I had a job offer from them years ago. Sure glad I didn't take it. In my opinion, the company didn't seem that impressive even back then. Sure glad I went with my gut on that one and turned them down.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tintri, knock, knock, knocking on heavens door......

Not dead now but probably soon. 3 years ago they had a few unique(ish) features but now there's nothing they can do that almost every other vendor in their space does equally as well (if not better). They under-invested in developing new features and have a commercial model that doesn't suit SME's or the mid-market, let alone the giant enterprises.

Basically a very, very expensive and feature poor vendor that obsesses about "Quality of service" when that's not really a big issue for most of their likely market.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Tintri, knock, knock, knocking on heavens door......

or did accurately catch the wave of "anti SAN" movement had pro "easy NAS" movement centric on data stores tied to VMs. Failed to realize that it was relatively short lived and outpaced by newer innovations that still make traditional infrastructures obsolete. not that they are but with cloud, HCI, SW defined, newer strategies, people arent buying "boxes" like they used to and a cool feature isnt going to sell a box like it once did back in 2010.

Much easier for big guys to make Tintri features than Tintri to make what the other guys have. this is an attmpt for shareholders to cash out before Tintri becomes another Violin.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What - no tenuous, bitter links to Pure on this thread? C'mon guys?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like