back to article Phiendish phisher gets phive years in phederal for $2m phlights phraud

A hacker who screwed airlines out of millions of dollars was jailed on Monday for four years and ten months. Eric Donys Simeu, of Cameroon, had pleaded guilty to computer and wire fraud in December. The 32-year-old admitted he used stolen usernames and passwords to access booking systems to buy flights that were resold for …

1. as2003

"cyber hacker" - the worst kind of hacker

2. Gene Cash Silver badge

Hopefully there's an extra £15 in the headline writer's pay packet this week...

1. James O'Shea

he missed one. It should be 'phor'.

2. David 132 Silver badge
      Happy

Hopefully there's an extra £15 in the headline writer's pay packet this week...

Steady on...it was good, but not 100% pay-rise good...

1. frank ly

Should have been 'extradition phlight' too?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No more "Play it again Sam"

For you, the jig is up!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Granted I don't know much....

But rob a snickers in America and they give you 72 years inside! So this doesn't seem so bad considering it was millions. Amazing how scammers find holes in the system. I didn't think you could even change names on a ticket anymore never mind reissue and resell flights. But hey what do I know... It guess it helps to have a few passports lying around too....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"international cyber hacker"

Sounds as if he was one rung up from a 419 scammer.

6. Korev Silver badge
    Coat

Food

Instead of eating Porridge in prison, should he eat Phish and Chips instead?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like