back to article DXC Technology looks to lighten the payroll six weeks after launch

It was only a matter of time before DXC Technology – the corporate pile-up between CSC and HPE’s former Enterprise Services division – began using staff cuts to lighten the overheads. And so it begins. Peter Hands, veep at DXC, formed at the start of April, has told employees the business has “committed the achieve specific …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How about getting rid of those at the top

who really do little to improve the bottom line other than shove figures around a few spreadsheets, attend meetings and pad out their Pension.

Then the people who actually do the work that brings in the profit might actually want to do a good job rather than feeling that they are merely cannon fodder.

I would not want to work for this company at the moment. It seems like 'headless chicken mode' is par for the course.

It all sounds like an episode of 'I'm sorry I haven't a clue' merged with 'I'm sorry I'll read that again'.

The end result is Mr Gumby standing there wearing wellies saying 'Oh my brain hurts'.

Well as none of what they seem to be doing reall makes sense then I think mine would too if I was working for them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Keep going....

...eventually you'll have 0 staff and therefore will be making 100% profit!

3. Miss Lincolnshire
    Coat

The good news however...............

......................is that HPE are so good at this, having had so much practice, that those sacrificed this time around can be pretty sure of getting their wedge on 21st July without issues.

Just don't believe the robotically delivered nonsense in Exit calls 2 & 3 where they try to tell you you're being binned because you are not performing. This genuinely is a case of "It's not you, it's them".

Coat because getting mine was the best thing I'd done in years.

1. Franco

Re: The good news however...............

Likewise, my time at HP was one of the worst experiences of my working life. And yet if you look at the IT recruitment websites at the moment there are about a dozen contract roles at any given time.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I left HPE a few months ago - taking a pay cut in the process. BEST decision I ever made. Dreadful organisation that only seeks to reward the Board; who haven't yet realised that they depend on the efforts of those elsewhere in the organisation.

5. luis river

anybody Know?

Hey Pal : What is the significance of acronim letters DXC ??

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: anybody Know?

DXC = a mashup of CSC and HPE.

C.

2. Miss Lincolnshire

There isn't any significance, it means nothing. It has been designed to be instantly forgettable in preparation for when the barely breathing rump of what is left gets subsumed into Tata or another Asian outsourcer in about 5 years from now in return for their lining Lawrie's extremely deep pockets.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The official line is that it isn't an acronym so doesn't stand for anything, but Nefkens has said that the thinking behind the name was 'Digital Transformation Company'.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Doubling Xecutive Compensation

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've an idea....

how about we offshore all the C level people to low cost centers ?

That would save a few $million in pay and bonuses to provide shareholder value.

Its dire working here at the moment. They really haven't a clue other than continuing job cuts !

7. TheBorg

Clueless management and clueless (mostly) offshore teams made working for HPE unbearable. Thankfully, they gave me money to leave.

The WORST IT organisation i have worked for in my 34 years of IT .... DXC Technology will no doubt be the worst of the combined companies and it will continue to not deliver the service that the foolish customers have signed up for.

8. Gareth Douglas

WFR is being touted to a department in my workplace, where a new member of staff was hired only last month. IF nobody volunteers for the WFR, a compulsory redundancy will take place and I bet it wont be the newest (aka cheapest) member of staff to get the bullet.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More crap!

The Cockwombles running this company won't be satisfied until everyone is gone, and they have banked their millions. Even the shareholders seem silent, they must only be in it for the short term too. It's a totally morally bankrupt company.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Us shareholders will be going to the bank at the end of the year.

12. Mpeler
    Mushroom

Acronym?

They're just a bunch of DX, C...

Bill and Dave continue to roll in their graves...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like