back to article Man sues date for cinema texting fiasco, demands $17.31

A Texan is suing his date for the cost of a cinema ticket after she upset him by sending a bunch of texts to a pal while watching Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2. Brandon Vezmar has filed a lawsuit in a small claims court in the state capital of Austin to get back the $17.31 he splashed during their first and seemingly final …

1. Antron Argaiv Silver badge
    FAIL

This guy is about to become a legend

I predict Brandon will have great difficulty getting dates in the future, once word of his "high standards" gets around.

Brandon, buddy? You're doing it wrong. I agree with your point, but you're not doing yourself any favors here.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: This guy is about to become a legend

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all!!

2. Naselus

I'm sure he reckons that the sacrifice will be worth it, if only the apocalyptic scourge of people texting during films can be vanquished forever.

1. h4rm0ny
        Joke

Suing is really not appropriate.

Using your phone in the cinema should be criminal court, not civil.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Texas Reg Reader

You don't understand - this is a Texas girl - these are bipolar, self-destructive girls with industrial-grade insecurities and major league daddy issues. They change mental states in an instant.

I'm sure at first she was thinking "He's a great guy, I'm lucky to be out with him, he could be The Great One, he's awesome..."

Him: "Could you stop texting?"

Her (thinking) "..he's awesome... no, he's a creep, I can't stand him, who does he think he is, what an idiot..."

He's a hero.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

> I predict Brandon will have great difficulty getting dates in the future, once word of his "high standards" gets around.

He could always change his name to Sheldon Cooper.

4. Chemical Bob

I think the judge should sentence these two to marry each other to protect the rest of society.

1. Mark 85

@Chemical Bob -- Re: This guy is about to become a legend

But only after both are neutered to keep from reproducing.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"I think the judge should sentence these two to marry each other to protect the rest of society."

No. Think of the children.

1. CanadianMacFan

What children? They'll start, she'll whip out the phone to text a friend, and he'll leave the room frustrated.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I predict Brandon will have great difficulty getting dates in the future, once word of his "high standards" gets around." - Au contraire, I would date such a principled guy!

6. Sampler

Director's already on board: https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/864605865701146624

7. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Unhappy

"I predict Brandon will have great difficulty getting dates in the future"

BOTH of them, no doubt, are pretty much "un-dateable" without a severe amount of pennance of some kind...

If a girl is willing to spend here entire life on the @#$% phone texting, you'll NEVER command more than 30 seconds of her attention (if that). You'll never get a sandwich, or coffee the next morning. Don't even THINK about anything else. It'll be "tap tap tap tap" all of the fornicating time, except when she's being an "all about me" drama queen. In fact, I wonder if THIS chick texts while fornicating...

As for the dude, he's lost his 'man card' for at least 5 years, if not permanently. "Being willing to put up with that" carries FAR more bonus points with the fairer sex than does being an ASSHAT and suing your date like that. yeah.

Aaaaah, the whole 'dating game' thing is such a pain any more. you can't say ANYTHING without being offensive, you can't touch the girl without being labeled "aggressive", and you need WRITTEN FRICKING PERMISSION to engage in anything sexual, with notarization and lawyer approval, or it's called "rape" (only for the guy of course) and you get to spend even MORE on l[aw]yers and maybe lose your freedom for a while...

Yeah, it's making me into a ROBOSEXUAL.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tosser.

While I will agree that using a phone in the cinema is very rude, being a total tossing knob is not an appropriate response.

1. Rob Moir

Exactly. From where I'm sitting, this guy and their partner just look equally rude and out of touch with appropriate behaviour.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Tosser

He's young and I'm sure his whore moans got the better of him.....

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

They seem like a well matched pair.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'm imagining this too, they should give it another shot.

But you have to wonder, is Guardians of the Galaxy 2 that bad? I blame Hollywood.

1. Chris G

GOTGal II does look that bad but having seen this: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/19/texting-woman-guardians-vol-2-sued-settled-video-/

I think they deserve each other.

It says a lot about dating agencies too, I quite like to have spoken to and seen a prospective date before asking her out. Looking through an online list seems wierd to me.

2. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Why?

It seems to me that she was just being a good friend. So it messed up the date- or rather it messed up the guy's enjoyment of the movie, which is why going to a movie on a first date is not a good idea - but if he wasn't a jerk he would have dealt with it.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It seems to me that she was just being a good friend.

Well, it's OK then. Whats the saying: A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move the body?

4. Voland's right hand Silver badge

He could have given it some extra though

Maybe... If his date was even moderately impressed by him and/or liked what she saw she would have done something else instead of texting...

I suspect it was a case of this: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/i-shaved-my-sodding-legs-for-this-says-woman-on-date-with-twat-20170508127258

5. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

First Date...

A cinema to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

Think most of us can see how this was going to go from the very start.

1. ravenviz Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: First Date...

What's wrong with that? I always take first dates to somewhere where I don't have to talk to them! I've done it loads of times...

1. Stuart 22
        Facepalm

I guess it saves you worrying about where to go for a second date ...

2. h4rm0ny
        Trollface

>>I always take first dates to somewhere where I don't have to talk to them! I've done it loads of times...

That's pretty considerate of you, all things considered.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

@h4rm0ny

I think you missed the joke....it was that huge noise that went whooshing over your head.

3. Captain DaFt

"I always take first dates to somewhere where I don't have to talk to them!"

Did you really mean listen to them? ☺

No matter where I take a date, I rarely seem to get to do much talking past, "You look great!", other than the occasional, "Yes" or "No" afterward. (Proves you're listening when you use the right one at the right time!)

4. bombastic bob Silver badge
        Unhappy

smart guys would figure out what makes HER happy, then do that. If she's worth anything at all as a human being, she'll perceive that as 'owing something'. Either that, or just like you a whole lot better.

(yeah it's a stupid game, but better to just suck it up and assume you've got to 'win her' or something)

And a movie as a first date, I suppose it depends on the movie. All of those 'Twilight' movies seemed (to me) to be a perfect setup, where women love it, and the action scenes keep the guys from being completely bored by a "chick flick".

But I'm off the market anyway. I'm a 'Robosexual' now. I've been driven there by society's stupidity...

[back in the day if I'd known this stuff I'd have purchased a lot of Barry Manilow concert tickets, and would've been THE most popular guy in high school]

6. Excellentsword
    Black Helicopters

Stealthy ad campaign?

At first I thought he had special needs but the guy is actually president of The Messaging Company, "a full service communications consultancy and media services firm providing expert guidance on, and development and execution of, communications strategies for select clients throughout the business and political spheres." Is this not just him showing he can deliver a communications strategy? I mean, damn, I've written off a load of dates, who cares?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Stealthy ad campaign?

If that is is an example of the way he communicates, I hope business is slow. That was a long way around to not explain what it really is you offer.

7. Hans 1
    Facepalm

I’m not a bad woman,” she told the paper. “I just went out on a date”.

“I’m a [...] [sexist] woman,” she SHOULD HAVE told the paper. “I just went out on a date [had him pay and spoiled his evening]”.

His reaction was bad ? Sorry, feminist, here, but if I am on a date watching a movie and a friend is in distress and needs my support (via mobile, whatever) ... I apologize deeply and cancel the evening out, promise to make up for it ... what she did, was piss taking ...

That woman was a BAD <whatever> that evening, if you ask me ...

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Paris Hilton

I’m not a bad woman...

Besides the good effort put in to spoil the movie for her date and others in the cinema, how is it OK to leave the guy and drive off? If you cannot deal with a person, it is understandable to part ways, but at least call a cab. The guy might be a little restricted in the future when looking for love, but I appreciate him taking one for the team on this. Instead of awarding the plaintiff the requested compensation, the judge ought to take her cell phone away for a month.

1. The Indomitable Gall

@Robert Helpmann??

" how is it OK to leave the guy and drive off? If you cannot deal with a person, it is understandable to part ways, but at least call a cab. "

What, you mean you want her to give the keys to her car to a guy she's on a date with for the first time? Or are you saying she should get in a taxi so that they both have to pay for taxis home in the name of equality?

1. Eddy Ito

Re: @Robert Helpmann??

I think a reasonable person would interpret that to mean to arrange for a ride for the now stranded party whether it's actually a cab, Lyft, or Uber is of no consequence. I would also think that, while not mandatory, it would be polite to pay for said carriage as well.

It's also unclear whether she mentioned she wasn't coming back when she went out to text but I think saying so would be the civil thing to do.

Hopefully Brandon will be wise enough to choose the next installment of the Sharknado franchise for his next date. If anything is going to test someone's resistance to texting or other phonal phidgeting it has to be Sharknado.

1. veti Silver badge

How exactly do you arrange transport for someone who is not ready to travel yet, and you're not sure when they will be? And you're not on particularly good terms with them, and don't know their phone number, or whether they use Uber or Lyft or old-fashioned taxis?

Call a taxi to arrive at the cinema in an hour's time? Then how would the driver identify the fare (who wouldn't be looking for him), and how do you know the fare would even leave as soon as the movie's over?

1. Eddy Ito

@Veti. Really?!? You've never seen drivers waiting with a sign that says "Johnson" or "Hubris party" or "over text sensitive twit" or "whathaveyou"? You really need to get out more.

2. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

random subject line for unnecessary sub-thread which was(Re: @Robert Helpmann??)

The Undetermined Gist spews out:

"What, you mean you want her to give the keys to her car to a guy she's on a date with for the first time? Or are you saying she should get in a taxi"...

Wow! Slow down there, cowboy. First of all, this is Texas, where everything is bigger, especially the stupidity. Next, the post you are referring to, and here in reality, no one mentioned "handing over the keys to her own car to anyone" nor having both (?!) take the same taxi. I don't know your level of education, but let me help you out here. Since they came to the date in her car, she could either drive him home in an angry huff, OR he could take a taxi/bus/call-a-friend/etc. The two options you provided are odd and I would also offer that you should lower any doses of strong medication you are on, because you are drifting in and out of reality. Also, get the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on Blu-ray! In stores, in your imagination, now!

Also, people, stop editing the subject lines of the threads. You can see from my example it is unnecessary, and looks odd. Just leave it blank, or whatever the original thread was. Just because you can edit it doesn't mean you should. If you disagree, I understand, you are then clearly a pedophile and a Nazi sympathizer! It is known. :P

2. h4rm0ny
        Facepalm

I don't think anyone is saying just walking off and forgetting about your date isn't bad. And they're certainly not saying that txting in the cinema is okay because it's downright unconscionable. I don't think most people are even suggesting that he shouldn't be upset.

But what I believe pretty much everyone thinks is that suing a date to get the price of their movie ticket back is downright petty and hysterically over the top. Seriously - if we've reached the point where such trivial human interactions and sleights are handled through the law courts rather than human interaction, we might as well just reboot civilisation now.

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Dazed and Confused

Why bother dating?

Call me old fashioned (OK, you'd be right).

A couple of weeks back the Wife and I went off to our local for a meal, they've got a number of small areas with just 2 or 3 tables, the one we were in there were 2. Shortly after we arrived a young couple came and sat at the next table. They didn't say a word to each other, they both got out there phones and spent over half an hour engrossed in them, he seemed to finish first and tried to talk to the woman, she continued to ignore him. Ten minutes later she finished and she looked up and started to talk. From then on they were all lovey dovey. Well they were until BeepBeep her phone got a message and she went back to ignoring her date.

What's the point?

If I go on a date, I expect to pay the person I'm dating the respect of "being with them".

If I went on a date and the other party just spent the evening on their phone, I'd take the hint and sod off.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: Why bother dating?

Maybe they were also a married couple.

2. 's water music
      Coat

Re: Why bother dating?

Call me old fashioned (OK, you'd be right).

... there phones...

Hmmn, I call you a millennial impostor based on poor grandma

10. Allan George Dyer

It's an investment!

$17.31 is a small price to pay for a happy future.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Unhappy

Re: It's an investment!

"$17.31 is a small price to pay for a happy future."

it has anecdotal value. It can be used to make YOU look good on future dates.

"Wow, XXX, you're a pretty cool date. I made a mistake once and went out with this one girl, who texted the entire time during the movie and left me without a ride. I mean THAT was bad, but hey, I've gotten over it. I'm glad I met YOU." (etc.)

as long as it's 'just mentioned' in the right context, it could be an advantage. It shows you're a) willing to take a risk, b) willing to overlook things like that, c) able to bounce back from adversity. And you can use it as a compliment. And you can play a *teensy* bit of a 'sympathy card'.

That is, if I weren't "off the market". Robosexual.

11. Pete 2 Silver badge

A cheap mistake

They say that if you lend a "friend" £10 and they don't pay you back, you've learned a very cheap lesson. It would seem that this guy, and maybe his date too, both made a mistake - but fortunately discovered their errors before it turned costly.

Oh, and where the hell can you get a pizza for $4?

1. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

Re: A cheap mistake

I came here to ask that same question - especially somewhere where a cinema ticket costs $17

2. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

A cheap supermarket?

1. Rich 11

The bins round the back of a cheap supermarket. Four bucks is a small price to pay to get someone else to clamber through the garbage on your behalf.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

A cheap supermarket?

For fast-food style pizza joints, or at a crappy theater concession stand, that would be for a single slice of pizza. They are usually big slices, from real pizza places, or like at Costco, but that was probably another nail in the coffin of that date; a US$4 slice of pizza that was probably really small and greasy, you know, like the hero from our story! 8^) But I kid, I kid.

3. h4rm0ny
      Paris Hilton

If he was planning to take her somewhere the pizza costs $4, she was probably wise to leave.

12. SoaG

One mistake with the lawsuit

He made it all about the interaction between the 2 of them and getting compensation for his expense.

Should have filed it as class-action to get everyone in the theater reimbursed.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: One mistake with the lawsuit

"Should have filed it as class-action to get everyone in the theater reimbursed."

Maybe half the rest of the audience was doing the same thing.

13. That Steve Guy

Don't be a moron and have some manners please.

While he's a moron for doing this for the principle of being out of pocket and left without a lift home, I can understand his frustration.

Frankly if she didn't want to be there she shouldn't have gone, your phone is not that important that you have to light up the cinema with your screen light and make everyone listen to your keypresses and text noises. If you have an important call or text to reply to please just take it outside! Most people who go and PAY actually want to see the film!

A case of good manners goes a long way.

14. bredman

I don't see the problem

The purpose of a date is for each party to learn something about the other.

He learned something about her. She (and the rest of the world) learned something about him.

I would classify this as a very successful date.

1. Goldmember

Re: I don't see the problem

"The purpose of a date is for each party to learn something about the other."

Indeed. The idea of going to the cinema on a first date has always seemed an odd one to me. So you're meeting for the first time, then you're going to sit in the dark, in silence, for 2+ hours?

Maybe it's a case of starting as you mean to go on for some.

1. Andrew Moore

If you are American and underage for drinking (which I think is 45 years old these days), then the cinema is usually your only option.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

> cinema is usually your only option.

Restaurants, cafés, bowling, art, parks... they are in Austin.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Reason for a movie for first date

At least you have something to talk about after the movie - how much you liked it / hated it, etc. If you go straight to dinner and find out you have nothing in common it could be kind of awkward. Plus a movie's cheaper.

I think the original reason was perhaps because before cars where could a young couple who both lived at home make out?

15. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge

More money than sense

$17.31 for dinner and the cinema? He's really big-timing it. My average date involves a dash of chloroform and some duct tape - change out of $10

1. Rich 11

Re: More money than sense

So it was you! You bastard, I'm calling the cops.

16. chivo243 Silver badge

Just wait

He'll meet his match... then it's the couple from HELL! I know a few like that. Both members of the couple are petty, small and shallow.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just wait

Are you sure you are talking about him and not her?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Austin

Austin has several Alamo Drafthouse theatres where theatre management are fanatical about banning any use of the phone. They're proud of it and he should have taken his date and future dates, if he ever gets one, to Alamo.

One of Alamo's many anti-texting messages (Language warning):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L3eeC2lJZs

1. h4rm0ny
      Pint

Re: Austin

Holy shit! This is my new favourite theatre and I've never even been there! Beer for all the staff at that place.

1. VinceH
        Pint

Agreed - what a pity it's in a country I never want to go to!

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

And it wouldn't be a $17 date for you.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I predict two long-lasting careers in reality tv.

19. oiseau
    WTF?

WTF?

Where was this?

Ahh ... I see.

Austin, TX, USA.

Only in the US would a court actually accept the filing of such a lawsuit.

Small claims, indeed.

Incredible.

20. Ben Trabetere

Considering the cinema was the Alamo Drafthouse, his actions may be justified. Alamo Drafthouse has a zero tolerance policy on talking or texting or using a cell phone, and is willing to lose the occasional disruptive customer to ensure everyone else has a pleasant time. Everyone who goes there knows it.

The penalty for violating the rule is severe - you are escorted from the cinema. If the AD staff had caught her, it is likely he would have been escorted out, too. I understand at some AD cinemas the egregious offenders can be banned from the premise.

And pity the fool who calls to complain about it. See

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5hYQ9a_QgTFnOCqHBzlX4g

21. earl grey
    Joke

At least call me a cab

*poof*, you're a cab.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: At least call me a cab

No need to call him a poof too...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Right, no need, as that's for the bad genie variant:

"Make me a taco."

Poof! "You're a taco."

1. kain preacher

can I be a pink taco ?

1. Michael Thibault

"can I be a pink taco ?"

You have to ask?

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

now we'll see the true definition of "unacknolwedged privilege"

This guy is socially hosed. To be properly mocked, scorned and memed. No one will openly defend him without being tarred and feathered with the same brush.

Had the genders been reversed, Jezebel and other blogs/social media would be positively crusading for her. the guy would be "in the wrong". Still.

Anonymous because its the Truth that really upsets people.

1. h4rm0ny
      Paris Hilton

Re: now we'll see the true definition of "unacknolwedged privilege"

I'm not sure about that last part (I agree with the rest). Female of the species here and I don't think it would be right either way round. Anyone who has ever had to wait for a court date or been to one knows there are a Hell of a lot more important things they could be getting on with than crap like this.

Also, apparently before he went to the law he had started hassling the woman's little sister to get the money for him as well. Maybe she had more than one reason to leave.

23. Alistair
    Windows

I'm in the "they're both idiots" pool.

Him:

1st date, $4 pizza and $17 movie.

As an adult.

An adult male who apparently runs his own business.

Suing in small claims court.

Her:

texting while in a theatre.

Driving a first date somewhere, and then leaving them.

Abusing her "friend" drama. <like, what, her friends boyfriend drama needed immediate attention? at that point, call the cops and leave it with them>

What this incident is is a wrapper for obscene privilege and selfish behaviour. On both sides.

Thank god I'm married to my best friend already.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I'm in the "they're both idiots" pool.

"Thank god I'm married to my best friend already."

I was going to say the same thing, but now I think maybe my wife has some splainin to do.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He should have got all 'God Bless America'

Like people who don't wear belts in their jeans, texting in the cimena ist verboten.

25. Tikimon
    Facepalm

That's an "I know why you're single" moment

That's on a red button that lights up in my head when I notice an unpleasant Critical Trait in someone. Suddenly you know exactly why they're not partnered up, and that it will probably never change. Like my old girlfriend with the occasional out-of-the-blue rages, who's past 50 now and still looking.

The only question is, does it apply to one or both of them?

1. VinceH
      Facepalm

Re: That's an "I know why you're single" moment

"That's on a red button that lights up in my head when I notice an unpleasant Critical Trait in someone."

Yeah... I get that same red light.

It's probably the reason I'm single.

26. John 104

Its possible that the opposite may happen with this guy. Sure, he was a cheap date, but hey, people like movies and GoG2 is a hit. But to have your date pretty much ignore you and the movie because of texting is rude. Maybe he will appeal to other women out there who aren't texting maniacs...

My wife of 19 years, who I love, texts a lot at times. So much so that I had to instate a rule when we are on dates. No texting, unless it is the kids.

If you want to be with someone, BE with them. If you can't be arsed, then don't bother. What it says to me when people are constantly checking their phones when in others company is that the person they are with is not as important as who ever is on the other end of the line. Obviously there are exceptions, but these days its the rule. Its a shift in Western society that I cannot stand. Maybe I'm old school, but I actually like engaging with people face to face. The reg is about as social media as I get and I'm quite content.

27. Chewi
    Headmaster

"I wasn’t bothering anybody"

Evidently she was!

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$17

How much does it cost to file in the Small Claims Court in Austin? Unless there's more here than meets the eye, he doesn't seem too good at calculating the possible rate of return on investments. Perhaps as a small business owner he needs to go on a Business Studies course and do a thorough analysis before initiating legal action, e.g.

Pluses

Get $17 back

No risk of ever interacting with this woman again.

Minuses

Lose court filing costs

Never get a date in Austin again

Get your 15 minutes of fame looking like a dick to the Internet.

Having said that, one of the most abusive emails I ever received was from the head of a PR company. An "International PR company with a variety of prestigious clients". Which was a one man band operating out of a home office. My crime? I told him that an email he had sent me had a malware attachment. Shoot the messenger.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Judgement for the plaintiff

I know what Judge Judy would say.

30. Malignant_Narcissism

Welcome to the real world, buddy.

They need to make this a class action lawsuit then.

31. OrneryRedGuy

His twitter post is revealing

Seems it's not until she refuses to have anything to do with him afterwards does he decide he needs to sue.

Brandon will henceforth be known to any and all friends as "Monk".

32. Anonymous Coward
    Meh

I've had worse dates

I once made the mistake of asking a friend of my sisters out.

The girl said yes, but my sister followed us to the cinema, sat two rows behinds us, and threw popcorn at us throughout the film.

Sisters, cant live with them, cant legally kill them and sell their body parts on Ebay.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: I've had worse dates

I have always believed sibling body parts were better saved for personal spares, and Ebay stocked with random strangers.

YMMV

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Sisters, cant live with them, cant legally kill them and sell their body parts on Ebay.

So you don't live in Austin, then?

33. Sam Therapy

“This is like one of my biggest pet peeves,”

Misuses "like". Sues date.

Twat.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@Sam Therapy

Did you notice your comment has interchangeable parts?

Misuses date. Sues twat. Like!

Date misuses twat like Sue's.

Modular is the future of the internet.

34. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good on him if he wins

I expect my date to share half the bill on the first date. After all, we live in an equal society, right ? Just so to avoid a similar fate to this Texan. Its as likely that I may not like her.

So why not?

1. h4rm0ny

Re: Good on him if he wins

>>"I expect my date to share half the bill on the first date."

Presumably however, you let them know you're going halves up front and that you don't pay for everything and then present them with a txt demanding money back two days later when they don't want to meet up again.

35. RonWheeler

The

witch should be shot. Dead.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good on him...

Because she won't learn manners any other way apart from a the purse.

37. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have had it with these mfcking phones in these mfcking theaters!

I believe this is the movie quote you're looking for. /slightly modified

38. sisk

I can see where he's coming from

I once had a date who spent more time looking at her phone than at me. She did not get a second date. From that experience I can really feel for this guy. But suing over $17? Come on man, it just isn't worth the headache.

1. h4rm0ny

Re: I can see where he's coming from

You're right - it's not worth the headache over $17. Which means that really it's about something else. "Getting even", I would guess. A news station contacted him and arranged for them to meet her again so she could hand over the $17.31 which she said she would willingly do if it got rid of him. The guy was pretty gloaty about the attention and seeing her "apologise" on TV to him, him grinning at the camera with pleasure. Honestly, I got a pretty bad vibe from seeing the guy. As you say, $17 is not worth the headache. What he really wanted was to put her in her place, was my impression. :(

39. Goobertee
    IT Angle

IT Angle?

If you were worried about the IT angle, it happened in Austin, Texas, home of Dell Computer.

40. glenalec
    Unhappy

My last date was so 'textual' that, sitting right next to her (waiting for the train home after a day out) I had to text her to have a sort-of conversation!! Keeping with her preferred mode of communication, I broke up with her by text (which in other circumstances I wouldn't consider doing) that evening.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon