back to article HPE dumps Grandpa Software in Micro Focus care home, hightails it

The hospice bed that Micro Focus readied to admit Hewlett Packard Enterprise's sickly Software business is closer to being filled now regulatory approvals for the deal are in. The $8.8bn reverse takeover by LSE-listed Micro Focus, which hit the headlines in September, represents yet another piece of HPE that CEO Meg Whitman …

1. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

Cool

I'm sure the six remaining Groupwise coders will appreciate their new cube farm companions. It's probably been lonely there.

2. fidodogbreath

Expensive fumigation

The stench of Leo Apotheker's reign still clings to the carpet and drapes.

1. GuildenNL

You missed reality in your comment

You're clearly out of the know at HP. Mike Lynch snookered Marc Andreesen into selling Apotheker on buying Autonomy at 10 times actual value during his West Coast "Buy Me" tour.

Old Aunt Meg sat at the corner of the Boardroom table, nodding her head yes until her wattles flapped.

Apotheker should have known better to listen to the fat boy and his old Aunt, so but got the heave ho while the two idiots who were most excited about it stayed on and continue to drive the Titanic into the iceberg at full steam ahead.

2. gbshore

Re: Expensive fumigation

...Pretty unfair to castigate Leo .....his vision was a more software centric organization as opposed to commoditized hardware....what makes Meg's strategy brilliant? Two completely different philosophies and approaches...if you take the time to look at what is even driving the efficiency gains in h/w centric business it is software....so who will eventually be correct? too early to tell, but my bet is software....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is a perfect opportunity for Micro Focus to turn around an unloved business. My guess is HPE has mismanaged the business for years, and has little idea of the customer base and when software licensing renewals are due.

Meg has turned HPE into a business with "puppet" managers, and "modern day apprentices". This is the chaos recipe as there has been no real operational excellence or performance in the HPE business for many years.

4. JLV

>Micro Focus to turn around an unloved business.

Are you talking about the Micro Focus that used to charge three arms and two legs for COBOL compilers? Probably still do for all I know.

turn around bleed white captive markets

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like