back to article Microsoft distie Entatech goes TITSUP

The loss of contracts with strategic vendors and the subsequent decline in sales forced components distributor Entatech to call in administrative receivers, The Reg can confirm. Insolvency practitioners Chris Pole and Mark Orton from KPMG were appointed on 8 May, and now face the task of "exploring" what seem like limited …

1. Dwarf

So we can conclude from this that Microsoft licences are not flying off the shelves then - contrary to all the marketing hype.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Microsoft licences are not flying off the shelves

That's certainly a possibility. On the other hand, that *might* be a reflection of Enta's history in recent years, not just the state of the MS market in general.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Any relation to

https://m.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/27/enta_founder_tsai_disqualified_as_company_director_for_13_years/

or to

https://m.theregister.co.uk/2013/03/22/entanet_outage/

1. Captain Scarlet

Re: Any relation to

Entanet was sold off a few years ago.

Not sure if they still have the two data centres at the site (The Head Office had a Chinese type of building that they was very proud of)

3. Roj Blake Silver badge

Fujitsu

The main factor has to be the loss of the Fujitsu business. They had pretty much bet the family farm on getting into enterprise sales when they got dumped.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Let me guess, the receiver males a load of redundancies after securing their own fees, tells others they are expected to continue to work but there's no guarantee of their pay by the company telling them to continue working (ie the receiver), and in the meantime all creditors except the receiver just have to hang around waiting for whatever KPMG deems to be the best option, with no comebacks against the receiver if creditors disagree with option / decisions or takes ages to for anything?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

worked for a competor of theirs

We used to hear complaints about enta back then so its not a major surprise to me... i also know that we started selling Fujitsu servers about the same time they stopped so I can see how that might have had an effect on them too.

Now I just wonder what my old MD would make of it all.

6. The Godfather
    Stop

Dead end

Was never going to work.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon