back to article Secret FabricXpress sauce gives X-IO the edge for the edge

Fifty microsecond storage access and 12 million IOPS gives X-IO's Axellio server the edge at the edge. Server innovation is now focussed on anywhere but the commodity CPU and memory, giving non-server vendors the opportunity to take on the incumbents, and storage company X-IO is a case in point with its Axellio product. Its …

1. Herby

Mention of EBITDA

Makes me want to barf. If you need to mention this funny term to show things "positive" it should be a note of caution. The big mess of a bunch of years ago liked to mention this and look where it ended up.

Just give me nice "Positive Cash Flow" and hope that you aren't doing anything illegal. Things will turn out OK.

As for the actual company product, I really can't say. It looks nice on paper, but lots of things do.

2. Ian Michael Gumby

No mention of price?

The key here is that the cost of the NVMe drives are going to be hideous expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept but cost will be a factor.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chris Mellor waxing lyrical about X-IO. There's a shock! Not.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yet another technical innovation by X-IO that doesn't solve a business problem. You would think that with the revolving door of executives over the past 7 years that someone would get it. Inventing technology that doesn't solve a pressing business or technical issue or create a new business outcome will not sell. Who wants to buy FAST OEM servers from a 20-year-old storage company?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon