back to article Racist Tesla staff drilled my buttocks, claims employee in lawsuit

Tesla is facing a lawsuit from an employee at its car factory who is making lurid claims about racial discrimination in the workplace. DeWitt Lambert, 44, was working at Tesla's Fremont, California, factory where he claims [PDF] racial abuse was commonplace and management did nothing to stop it after his complaints. He says …

1. Sebastian A

Thank you for posting both sides of the story. Far too often these days a media outlet will pick up a tale of woe and try to whip up some outrage. Then, the next day, it's forgotten about and they've moved on to something else, never giving the accused company a chance to present their side.

I won't make any assumptions as to what actually happened, I'll wait for the court case to be settled.

1. FozzyBear
      Unhappy

It is a rare occasion when you get both sides of the story. Rarer still, the truth. Unfortunately that was buried long ago to protect one or both parties involved.

2. Stevie

Bah!

Well THANK YOU Register! Now I have to pick a side by myself in the complete absence of media bias! What kind of lame-ass reporting is that? You should be struck off for not being a real news outlet!

2. ecofeco Silver badge

2 wrongs

This doesn't look good for either side.

3. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Then there is the third side - the truth.

Will also wait for the court case to be settled before making like any good commentard...

1. Roq D. Kasba

There is no truth!

What is an absolute truth? Every event is recorded by a fallible human and interpretation. Previous truths (flat earth, for instance) have become untruths

2. paulf
      Boffin

I'd suggest the third side is fact, not truth. If you're in court you're expected to present your version of events truthfully and without lying (things you know aren't true or didn't happen).

Truth isn't necessarily fact. For example

Truth: "Last night I saw a magician cut his assistant in half, then put her back together again".

Fact: "Last night a Magician used a clever illusion to make it look like his assistant had been cut in half; in in reality she hadn't been cut in half it just looked like she had."

1. BebopWeBop

Quite. And we should desist from the flat earth myths - Mariners knew the truth (as evidence by not falling over the edge) despite the occasional theologians bollox. It is an analogy that is used poorly far too often.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Happens in the best families

One of my colleagues to another:

—You don't like me because I'm an Indian.

—No. I don't like you because you're a twat.

Oh well, another day in the office, as it were.

1. James Hughes 1

Re: Happens in the best families

This. I'm an equal opportunities insulter, I don't care what race colour or creed you are, if you are a twat, you are a twat.

(In my opinion, other twats are available)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Happens in the best families

> I don't care what race colour or creed you are, if you are a twat, you are a twat.

To be fair (and serious for a moment), cultural background should come into consideration as sometimes misunderstanding may occur due to different cultural frames of reference.

Not in the above case, mind. The rest of our Indian colleagues could not stand him either. Not a bad guy as such, just... well... a twat.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

apply the patented Reality Distortion Filter!

Musk will just go on record as saying the complaint was really a Planted Union Stooge!

because if you're a good California monoparty political supporter, you don't need to worry about massive bad press, huge Union organized disruptions, or even treating employee complaints with anything close to seriousness.

It's not like we're talking a real car company here in a state that isn't completely locked to the Party That You Better Believe Really Cares About You Or Else and different standards apply.

It's cute seeing people say "I'm gonna wait for the court outcome" when they're on record as Instant Outrage when the Other Party is linked to the controversy. If this exact scenario had popped from a Startup or Big Company in Alabama or Florida, no one would even bother to give credence to multibillionaire and Official Corporate denials.

7. earl grey
    Flame

well, at least the lawyer will make out ok

How many millions go to the lawyer? Pull my other one.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like