back to article Three cops to data breach

Mobile operator Three has admitted that some customers were able to view the mobile account details of other Three users via their accounts yesterday. The incident emerged as customers complained to Three via social media. One customer Mark Thompson, wrote on Three's Facebook page: “Care to explain just how my details have …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Three

The number of fucks it gives about data security

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Three

I think you've overestimated the number by three.

BTW, I always the name Three referred to its board's heroes; Larry, Moe, and Curly.

2. cbars Bronze badge

Third time is the charm, eh?

Perhaps they'll get lucky and never have another problem. They must have learned so many lessons by now!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

#MakeItRight

Reminds me of the time I started receiving automated emails which suggested that someone was trying to re-register my MyThree account ... and when I phoned the customer service line to report this they simply told me that they couldn't help me because their systems were down.

4. Unep Eurobats
    Headmaster

From the headline

I understood that three law-enforcement officers were about to leak some information. But I guess then it would have been data-breach, or even the modish databreach (I mean who uses hyphens?).

So I approve of your pixel real-estate minimisation.

1. Allan George Dyer
      Trollface

Re: From the headline

"three law-enforcement officers" - So now phone companies have their own police force? Or did you mean a Triumvirate of Police Officers?

5. sitta_europea Silver badge

It's probably just a side-effect (er, a sideeffect) of Three selling customer details to some firm in Manchester that keeps calling my mobile to try to sell me something. I don't know what firm, and I don't know what they're trying to sell, because even if the 'phone happens to be switched on, and even if I can be @r$ed to go look at it when it rings, I always reject calls from numbers I don't recognize.

Anyway there have been a helluvalot of calls from 0161 277 6650 recently, and if I get many more I'll be voting against Three with my wallet. Not that I expect anybody at Three to be listening, but maybe somebody at el Reg will be.

1. ukgnome
      Coat

I believe it to be cider-fecked

They drank cider and couldn't be fecked to care.

2. Captain Badmouth
      Holmes

"Anyway there have been a helluvalot of calls from 0161 277 6650 recently..."

Probably your contract is near it's end point and they're trying to get you to renew or upgrade.

The company is called Phonehouse, so top marks for originality.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like