back to article Open wide, Node.js! NodeSource will certify you now

NodeSource has offered to clean up Node.JS with a program certifying modules as “safe.” The three-year-old company Thursday announced the release of NodeSource Certified Modules, which it promised would deliver “rigorous analysis” of 400,000 modules using a certification algorithm from proprietary code. Certified Modules will …

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

"using a certification algorithm from proprietary code." Not sure how to parse that

Does that mean it can check a package without the source code?

Does it means the algorithms it used to check them are proprietary?

The first sounds quite useful.

The second sounds like I wouldn't want to touch it with the end of a very sh***y stick.

1. stephanh

Re: "using a certification algorithm from proprietary code." Not sure how to parse that

I am afraid it probably means the second. They wave their magical chicken over your code and proclaim it "safe". For a small fee.

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
        Unhappy

"They wave their magical chicken over your code and proclaim it "safe". "

Then (as Raffles, The Gentleman Thug might put it) I fear I must decline their kind offer as I am not in fact a total f**king imbecile

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Windows

Continuous Wheel Reinventment

When will Node.js finally have multithreading so that we can move on to the next Big Thing?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Continuous Wheel Reinventment

> Node.js

That's an odd way to spell golang

3. James 47

I don't get the hype surrounding node.js. It's just a wrapper around libuv.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like