back to article Low-key Samsung: Psst. We've got new Galaxy tablets and new Gear VR

Samsung's press event at Mobile World Congress was subdued in comparison to recent years, reflecting a difficult year for the company, and the conspicuous absence of the forthcoming Galaxy S8 smartphone. The appearance of a slide entitled Customer Safety reminded attendees of the exploding battery issues that afflicted the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FAO Samsung's marketing peeps

Oi, Samsung! Can you stop applying the now meaningless word Galaxy to every single one of your products, like it means or implies anything?

It's almost as irritating as companies who insist on random punctuation in their name.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would like a 10" Windows tablet...

... but not so underpowered. I like the size of my Surface Pro 2 - which I'll need to replace sooner than later, but it packs an i5, 8GB RAM and a 256GB disk. 12/13" models are of course better if they are your main device, but I prefer a more compact one for traveling.

1. Known Hero

Re: I would like a 10" Windows tablet...

probably going to have to wait for the Ryzen release then :)

Also why has the Reg been so quiet about Ryzen considering all the fanfare and boot quaking Intel are currently experiencing ?

*edit just searched not 1 hit on the Reg for "Ryzen" !?!?? Intel a major contributor by any chance ?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They are getting there with a reasonable size tablet sporting a descent stylus But, windows as an operating system - no way.

4. djstardust

Lesson learned?

No-one bought their last windows 10 tablet as it was severely underpowered and overpriced. I even struggled to find one even remotely positive review for it. I daresay having Win 10 on it hasn't appealed to many either.

So what do they do .... exactly the same again. good luck with that!

5. AbelSoul

Gear VR

Apart from the addition of a controller, are there any improvements to the Gear VR?

1. James 51
      FAIL

Re: Gear VR

Most of the improvements are likely to be in the software on the handsets. I haven't had a chance to try it for a few months though, had to buy a battery case for my S6 as it was the only way to make the phone pratical and I can't remove it without breaking it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like