back to article AMD to launch 45nm quad-core Phenoms on 8 January 2009

What desktop processors are AMD planning to release during the final three months of the year? A leaked roadmap slide reveals all. And its first 'Deneb' desktops will debut in January 2009. The slide, sent to Spanish-language site ChileHardware, highlights 8 October as the next entry on AMD's calendar. On that day it'll launch …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. heystoopid
    Paris Hilton

So

So is seeing believing ???????????????

2. Howard Fukuda

Threat to Via Nano

That just about makes the Via Nano irrelevent on the desktop. The 2650 will beat a single core Nano in performance and lower power consumption. The X2 3250e would beat a mythical dual core Nano in both also.

Doesn't touch the Atom in power consumption, but maybe comes close when looking at the system consumption figures since the AMD chip comes with a nice 780g or 8200 chipset and the Atom is handcuffed by the 945G.

3. Emo
    Boffin

Will they,

fit in my existing M2N32 SLI Deluxe?

4. morklebork
    Happy

Seems like an interesting proposition for a ZFS server chip!

mmm... 1.5Ghz Dual core goodness for only 22W... I know what I'll be putting into my Solaris ZFS server at the end of this year... It'll be about as fast as the CPU I have now, and use about 1/3rd or less of the power...

Happy face as I'm almost done with the high power, high cost bits for my home servers... Now I Just need to get me some cf cards to let my HDD's spin down and stay spun down most of the time... ;)

5. James O'Brien
    Dead Vulture

So?

How long till they get delayed with a massive bug in the architecture?

/Dead bird because im sure thats what it will be soon enough

6. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Encouraging Signs.

Its not in anyones interest to have Intel dominating the market to such an extent. This is of course AMD's own fault and the TLB problem did them no favours despite not being quite as serious a fault as some tried to make it out to be.

Personally I would say to AMD quit moaning about Intel continually as it wins you no friends and the money spent on hideous litigation could be better spent else where.

The aquisition of ATI has proved to be a positve for both companies and in the long term comsumers can only benefit from the competition. AMD will I am sure be back but whatever flavour of architechture you favour a strong AMD will be a benefit not a loss to the market.

7. Doug Lynn
    Happy

AMD antitrust suit hurt Intel

Hi, 45nm cool, I think I'll wait to January to update to Phenom. By the way, I am a computer reseller for 10 years and I have seen the Intel antitrust violations. Distributors who would not sell Opteron/Athlon64 due to contract for cheap parts from Intel if they didn't sell AMD. These distributors and manufacturers that didn't sell AMD before the suit are now SELLING AMD!!! Just about all of them including Dell. Also AMD has already won most of the lawsuits internationally, USA is still going on!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like