back to article Roses are reddish, exam-takers more so: Cisco's test price hike's a smack to the torso

Spare a thought for those taking the Cisco CCNA assessments, who are facing a 32 per cent hike in fees this month without warning. One reader got in touch with El Reg to report they had noticed the increase as they were re-booking a failed exam at the weekend. That cost £100+VAT in January but is now £132+VAT when re-booked. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brexit!

Brexit means... erm, random price hikes.

1. erhumdum

Re: Brexit!

Nothing that random about it ... just like UK firms are raising their prices to those in Trumpistan - a $10K sw robot is now - er $15k. From the perspective of the firm, all entirely justifiable.

2. find users who cut cat tail

Roses

Roses are... aargh! It hurts! Please stop with these headlines! I will do anything, even agree with Andrew Orlowski's article...

1. paulf
      Alert

Re: Roses

It's proliferated worse than the repeated! exclamation! marks! on! Yahoo!! stories!.

Roses are red,

I'm feeling blue,

You're doing my head in,

Is there room in there for one more?

3. Mark Simon

Fluctuation?

“… course prices may have increased due to currency fluctuation”.

Do they know what fluctuation means? It could go up or down. Or have Cisco invented a one-way fluctuation?

You know, it’s really hard not to squeeze in a joke I heard about Asians …

1. Franco

Re: Fluctuation?

Usual nonsense, MS will no doubt follow soon.

This reminds me of when I was a student. I changed my registered address for my car insurance, and it went up as I was at higher risk of casual damage apparently. Then went up again when I moved home as it was a higher risk postcode.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Fluctuation?

Car insurance is based on risk. Location is one of the risks.

4. wolfetone Silver badge

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Stop with the Valentines themed headlines

Before I hurt you.

5. davenewman
    Headmaster

Violets are violet

Not blue. Got it?

6. Doogie Howser MD
    WTF?

Brexit?

I don't see how this relates in any way to Brexit as the blogger notes they've gone up stateside too. Ergo, goes up in the US, goes up worldwide.

7. ecofeco Silver badge

Certs are becoming worthless

While certs are certainly the first thing HR looks for on your CV, and are valuable for that, I've found that many tests are wrong, prices too high and anyone who doesn't have real world experience and relies on the certs training and guides will make huge mistakes.

What I still cannot figure out is why the training and tests have wrong solutions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like