back to article Jawbone leans over, whispers: Psst, guess who's in a criminal probe? Yes, it's Fitbit

The bitter battle between Fitbit and Jawbone has picked up again, with Jawbone claiming in its latest court filing that its rival is under criminal investigation. Despite both companies seeing falling interest in their lines of wearables, they appear determined to drag each other down, with several contiguous lawsuits and wild …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having just got a Jawbone device

I now want to get shot of it, purely on the basis of slow, buggy, slow, pathetic, resource hogging, internet dependent, slow software. And did I say slow?

1. D@v3

Re: Having just got a Jawbone device

My other half has recently moved from Jawbone to FitBit, after her 2nd (first replaced under warranty) fell apart within a year.

Jawbone (at least the fitness tracker side of things) seems to be winding down, almost no support available. When she went back to the retailer, they were going to offer her a third, but they no longer sell them, so gave her a full refund (it was those nice people who are 'never knowingly undersold')

2. Tikimon
    Devil

...there's actually a market for wearables?

Sorry for unleashing my inner cynic, I probably need another coffee...

1. Captain DaFt

Re: ...there's actually a market for wearables?

The same market as IOT:

"There's a sucker born every minute."

2. MrDamage Silver badge

Do Fleshlights count as wearables?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

What's a fleshlight?

Does it work on your wrist?

3. oldtaku Silver badge
    Unhappy

Bah, no fun at all. I am dissappoint.

Bah, even if the allegations were true, 'stealing trade secrets' is about the dumbest, most boring, snoozer of a criminal investigation you can get. Unless it involves whores of both genders, copious drugs, someone falling off a balcony, and/or someone waking up in the bathtub without some organs. And it sounds like that's not the case.

Also I'm not even sure why anyone would even want to steal anything from Jawbone at this point - you might catch what they've got - I know, not like Fitbit's doing great either, but you CAN have herpes and chlamydia at the same time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like