back to article Zuck quits anti-social Hawaiian land title lawsuit

Mark Zuckerberg has abandoned the lawsuit he hoped would let him buy Hawaiian real estate without having any actual Hawaiians as neighbours. Instead of forcing out native Hawaiians who own land inside his Island of Kauai estate, he's going to “work with the community”. Zuck may have taken the hint from astronomers, who have …

1. Oh Homer
    Childcatcher

That's quite a commute

2,457 miles, according to Google.

Not that the privileged twit will ever actually live there.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: That's quite a commute

Not just privileged, but lacking in simple common sense. He was either ignorant and just giving orders like a teenager suddenly elevated to a throne, or he deliberately tried to stomp on his neighbors.

Both ways look really bad. But hey, at least someone finally wised up!

1. Tom 64
        Megaphone

Looks like he wised up after this hit the press. What a surprise.

I wonder if the bezcukened one would have persued this course had it not been widely publicised.

2. Lars Silver badge

"But hey, at least someone finally wised up!". Won't happen to Trump I am afraid.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

No, but it might happen to you. Maybe.

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Not just privileged..."

"...but lacking in simple common sense. He was either ignorant and just giving orders like a teenager suddenly elevated to a throne."

Ah but didn't I read in the news that he might be aiming for President?

He's probably practising!

He'll still have to learn not to climb down.

Ever.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Of couse, the "sacred Hawaiian land" claims are bogus

Hawaii hasn't had humans of any kind on it for very long, by say, European standards.

1. Twilight

Re: Of couse, the "sacred Hawaiian land" claims are bogus

How exactly are the sacred Hawaiian lands claim bogus? There have been people on Hawaii for a millennia or more. That's plenty of time to develop sacred lands and such.

2. oiseau
      Mushroom

"Hawaii hasn't had humans of any kind on it for very long, by say, European standards."

Hmmm ...

And, by say, any civilised standards, you are a 100% certified asshole.

There you go.

1. waldo kitty
        Boffin

And, by say, any civilised standards, you are a 100% certified asshole.

please don't insult real assholes by lumping wannabes in with them.

3. Oh Homer
      Headmaster

Re: "not very long"

Well, I've only lived in my house for three years, but that doesn't somehow mean I ought to be evicted by some ginger ponce who thinks his ill-deserved money makes him a fucking Egyptian Pharaoh.

These are human beings we're talking about - people who actually have to work for a living, and the sanctuary of their meagre homes, not commodities to be collected like trinkets in a pawn shop, by some bored billionaire who's only satisfying his bloated ego.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've never been to Hawaii

and even i know there is some stuff with the land that makes it difficult for non-islanders to come along and build stuff.... oh yeah it was in that George Cloony movie .. the ancestors?

4. Your alien overlord - fear me

My brother went to Hawaii last year with his missus. He knows exactly what the locals farm (and you wo't find it for sale at the local Walmart either). As he said, cos of the missus, he didn't try any local produce but loads of locals sat on the beach with it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If I was cynical which I am, I would assume he will now pass the land to someone else, let them take the land rights and then get it back ready for him to take it. Lets be honest if it wasn't the owner of facebook this wouldn't have made the news.

Why he didn't go for the tried and tested gambling and alcohol method used for centuries is a mystery?

6. ForthIsNotDead

Shame

That's put the brakes on his JAMES BOND STYLE VILLAINS LAIR ON A REMOTE ISLAND.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like