back to article Blockchain: A digital 'golden section' that's the 'gestalt of its pieces'

From the world of fintech comes some momentous news. "We're excited to announce the next phase in the evolution of our brand: our new logo," writes Blockchain founder Peter Smith. Who? Blockchain, the company that's "on a mission to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time". If you' …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Down

"the next phase in the evolution of our brand"

Every single company or entity that has enough money to devote to such shenanigans is, by definition, getting too much money in the first place.

Be useful or get lost. When you're touting the redefinition of your logo as a major advancement, it is high time to get lost.

2. kryptonaut
    WTF?

the logo is a gestalt of its pieces

What a load of old blocks.

1. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Re: the logo is a gestalt of its pieces

You're being harsh. I think the logo has interesting rhythmic devices that counterpoint the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the ...

oh, forget it, it is a load of old blocks

3. AdamT

To infinity?

Pretty sure bitcoins can only be divided down to a "satoshi". Even if they extend the protocol to allow finer division (isn't protocol extension really tricky though? Didn't a previous attempt cause fairly major problems?) then I'm still fairly confident that they can't be "...subdivided to infinity". 'cos, you know, "maths" and "precision" and "finite number of bits to represent your currency units", etc., etc.

1. Tom 64

Re: To infinity?

Indeed. "bitcoins can be divided and subdivided to infinity. " is a load of guff. I'm guessing he isn't a techie.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why do all logo redesigns give me the "drinking till the deadline; oh SOD IT just pick one at random" vibe.

1. Chemical Bob

They give me the drinking-from-a-bottle-with-no-label..."How did the Finnish dwarves get in THERE?!" vibe.

5. VictimMildew

Drop the Dead Logo

This is Gus Hedges, right?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like