back to article McKinnon heads for the last chance saloon

Accused Pentagon hacker Gary McKinnon is approaching his own D-Day, with his fate due to be sealed in the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. The Court represents McKinnon's last chance of avoiding extradition to the US to face charges of hacking into military and NASA systems, following the rejection of his appeal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gavan

Any real info though?

But did he ever find anything, that is the question, not is he guilty or not.

First ever post so no little piccie :)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

I see no problem

So, he goes on an all-expense-paid trip to the states, gets a free 'hotel' room and food, and eventually he'll be let into the exercise yard and his alien masters will simply extract him with their light beam.

Now, where's that alien getting his coat picture?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Go

I hope he goes to the US....

.... then I won't have to put up with the constant crap of whether he should or not, and this will cease to be a news item any more.

GO: well, i hope he does.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

McKinnon loses appeal

McKinnon has just lost his appeal.

Looks like he's on his way to the good olde US of A, where no doubt they'll make a show trial of it, bang up him for 40 years but find some technicality to release him after 4.

Good olde American bully boys.

5. Anonymous John
    Coat

a rather large hammer to crack a small "nut"

"US authorities have been seeking to extradite McKinnon since June 2005."

or to put it another way, McKinnon's being fighting extradition.since June 2005. If he hadn't, and plea bargained, he might have served his sentence by now.

Mine's the one with arrows all over it..

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@Gavan

I remember when this story first hit there was a bit of a kerfuffle among the alien conspiracy theory set. The general feeling seemed to be that he must have found something otherwise the feds would not be trying to extradite him.

Surely if they had the alien technology the feds would just teleport him to the US.

Why is there no black helipcopter icon?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"high on cannabis"

Did I accidentally load an article from the Daily HateMail? I expect he's been smoking the 'more lethal' form...

8. Jeff Bennison
    Coat

Ironic that

On the BBC news site this story is listed next to the one of the guy convicted on converting replica firearms to fire real rounds and he also gets life.

Ironic as McKinnon's life will probably end meaning life (or most of it) whereas Grant Wilkinson will be "sentenced to a minimum term of 11 years" for provinding guns that have been linked to murders.....

So you hack some computers and you get life, you create weopons and provide them to people who use them to kill people and you get a poxy 11 or so years.

When is our law system going to dish out realistic sentences instead of the feeble excuses they do now.....

Mines the coat with the baseball bat in the inside pocket ready to administer some street justice

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wait, though...

...he might get off more lightly than anyone thinks; a federal judge recently refused to send a guy to jail for building pipe bombs because he had Asperger’s.

But that aside, don't we have some kind of rule about sending people abroad for trial if they stand a chance of facing cruel and unusual whatever? Or does that only apply to terrorist suspects?

10. Sylvain Pimpare

ETs DOES EXITS!

ETs DOES EXITS! Gary is a martyr, a world hero for the disclosure!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You know what

he was breathing oxygen at the time as well.

I have done extensive research and have come to a rather grave conclusion, every act of human criminality, every war, every man made weapon of destruction, each have one thing in common, the person or persons involved with these most heinous of activities, each of them without fail, and incontrovertibly were all inhaling oxygen at the time.

Shocking I know, most of us thought oxygen was harmless, just a thing to sustain life, but I am sorry my friends, we have to face up to the fact that the terror of oxygen - also linked tightly to cancer - is something we may have to wean ourselves off. Won't someone think of the children.

12. g00p
    Unhappy

re: Ironic that

Noted - its crazy now, its more likely (as far as the law is now moving) that you will get a longer jail-term in the UK for DDoSing a website that you will for statutory rape.

Act Now! These Geeks will destroy the human race!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

McKinnon is just a bargaining counter

Maybe the government thinks sacrificing citizens to its US overlords will placate the US Gov investigation into BAE Systems (the one that British authorities are STILL not cooperating with):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/jul/31/bae.armstrade1

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like