back to article Crayola colours keyboard... you know... for kids

Crayon crafter Crayola has created a colourful keyboard designed to prepare kids for a lifetime spent mindlessly tapping numbers and text into computers. Crayola Crayola's USB EZ Type Keyboard Each of the USB EZ Type Keyboard’s numerical keys is painted orange, while the Qwerty key arrangement is a sickly lime green. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Gosnell

Layout

Pretty, but why teach kids on a fundamentally flawed layout?

Quite aside from the bizarre punctuation etc placement, alpha-numeric keys on a grid may just about be forgiveable on a PDA, but not here.

2. Bronek Kozicki
    Thumb Down

nonstandard layout

there is no way I would harm my kids getting them used to it! And if they happen to have it in school ... I would have a serious talk with head teacher.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I can see Mac users queing up for this one...

..., what better than a Crayola keyboard to go with their Fisher Price OS?

4. Skinny

Not sure about the colours

But the fact it's a big buttoned keyboard 'without any speacial windows keys' is exactly what I've been looking for for my toddler.

He does like to bash on the keyboard, and somehow always manages to press the random selection of windows + letter to do stuff I didn't realise there was a shortcut key for! Kids today always think they know more than their parents, and apparently even without trying, they're right!

Let's see him do that with one of these

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not Vista compliant!

It has no Windows Bubble key and so cannot be Vista compliant - therefore it cannot be shipped with a Vista system by PC builders :-(

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

font

Surely even small children will be offended by COMIC BLOODY SANS?!

It matches the default theme of Windows XP at least.

7. W

Reminds me of...

...that late 80s(?) Amstrad range of home electricals (not computers) that used coloured buttons and their USP was that they were - supposedly - particularly easy to use.

So not the CPC464 et al, but it used a similar logic.

8. Jasper

programming

where are all the |, &, etc keys?

9. Paul Hester
    Unhappy

crayola off message

My daughter would love it BUT the keys have all capital letters. 3+ yr olds are supposed to be taught using lower case letters.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like