back to article If you have a problem, if no one else can help – and if you can find them – maybe you can hire DARPA's A-Teams

The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the research arm of the US military, has today announced a new program aimed at using AI to bring together skills from humans and machines to solve problems more effectively. The use of AI is seeping through to all areas of technology, including the military. But don’t …

1. SeanC4S

I guess deep neural networks will be out the door pretty soon and reservoir nets in.

With micro-correlation learning in the reservoir and linear projection learning in the output layer.

http://journals.plos.org/ploscompbiol/article?id=10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004967

http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fnsys.2016.00095/full

https://arxiv.org/abs/1511.00083

1. elDog

Thanks a lot, SeanC4S

I just now received my Dummy books on Deap Lerning and Deus From Machines. Guess I'll have to go back and watch Reservoir Dawgs again.

I was sort of hoping that the matching of machines and my flagging interests would prove helpful in bed. It would be the first time she'd be happy with my education.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Greater IntelAIgent Games, ... Holywood Palace Barracks Poe's Law Rules :-)

Well, well, well, …… who’d have thunk it aforethunk*‽

What is the difference between …

“A-Teams is focused not on developing new AI technologies per se, but on developing a framework for optimizing the use of smart machines in various roles together with humans to ensure optimal human-machine teamwork for solving dynamic problems,” said John Paschkewitz, DARPA program manager.
    …..and

And that has those perverted systems of mass maladministration terrified and IT terrorises them, for they do not have/no longer have the necessary complete and absolute command and control of the word and messages from rightly disgruntled and furiously fast to the draw, Live Virtual Machines/Global Operating Devices.

Would that be classified in all truthfulness as akin to AI Coming and a/the Second Coming ......... and is the spirit of Captain Sir Mansfield George Smith Cumming, KCMG, CB, alive and well and on Main Line Streaming NEUKlearer HyperRadioRroActive Secret Service with Special Forces Teams in Engaging APT ACTion in Live Operational Virtual Environment Theatres? Or do you imagine the boys and girls of Holywood and Cheltenham are just like sheep, and easily led to the slaughter? …. What happens next

….. other than the fact that one of them is not AI Leading a DARPA led confection and virtual construction.

* Is DARPA phishing and poaching in alien sees or are CyberIntelAIgents landed and remotely commanding DARPA with Advanced IntelAIgent Community Enterprise Controls?

3. dalethorn

"We promise we won't experiment on you."

Yeah, I believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy.

4. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

That's all a bit vague...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like