back to article Sun loses MySQL Asia-Pac veteran

The veteran head of MySQL's Japan business has quit less than six months after the completion of Sun Microsystems' acquisition of the database company. Larry Stefonic, the president of MySQL's Japanese unit, is now running his own company after more than five years working in MySQL's Asia-Pacific region. A Sun spokeswoman …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

VRIF

Voluntary Reduction in Force....why wait to get laid off when you can take your money and run. Look at how many billionaires there are from people who quit Sun. Google...eBay...salesforce...etc..

face it Sunsucks

2. Victor

Re:

"Loss of MySQL talent from Sun will resurrect concerns among MySQL customers over the long-term development of the database now it's with Sun."

not really, people come, people go.... all the time, in all companies... it's not like it's the first time someone quits a company.

"hy wait to get laid off when you can take your money and run. Look at how many billionaires there are from people who quit Sun. Google...eBay...salesforce...etc..

face it Sunsucks"

Look at what you wrote. working at Sun seems to give very good results in the long run, doesn't it?

In fact, Sun seems like a great company to work to.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Sun Microstock

"Great place to visit....wouldn't want to live there"

$2.50 .... I bet no one will ever do a reverse stock split again! The coffee company needs a (new) leader.

4. David Halko
    Thumb Up

It's not like someone with technical skill left...

SUN is an engineering company... an engineering company is a good thing for engineers in MySQL.

if the guy was involved in technical projects, I would be concerned... if the guy was a V.P. over Asia Pac & Japan and still doing coding, I would still not be concerned, since he was not doing his V.P. job.

I'm sure the departed will have a nice time in another startup company - and may even build another company for SUN to buy up later and profit again!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like