back to article Kaminario's K2 mountain is about to be uplifted

Kaminario is building its K2 all-flash array mountain higher in scale, performance and price/performance terms and adding dynamic composability. It sees problems with software-defined, hyper-converged systems and traditional array-based products because they can't meet the needs of customers that are getting "SaaSified," in …

1. Nate Amsden

100 customers

After all this time seems really low for them.

A quick search shows an article saying they expect to hit 100M in annual revenue in the next couple of years. Quite a tough market for storage "startups" these days.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The whole thing

is a futile marketing exercise and a vision statement hoping someone will "bite"...

By the time this architecture comes to fruition kaminario will not exist. They'll need a whole a lot more than 100 customers to make it materialize because money costs a lot more these days and even worse, the numbers of potential acquirers is very, very limited.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

100 customers? Is that a typo?

Surely that's a typo? It's very rare for a US/Isreali company to have 50% of its customers in EMEA, especially at this early stage.

I'm pretty sure they've only been in EMEA for around 2 years.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hundreds

From: http://kaminario.com/company/news-and-press/press-releases/kaminario-idc-experts-discuss-flash-storage-customer-service-innovation-vmworld-europe/

"Hundreds of customers rely on Kaminario K2..."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

100 sounds about right

Don't be fooled by the "hundreds". "Hundreds can be considered any number from 100 to 999

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 100 sounds about right

Hmm ... that's extremely bad marketing then. If you had 501 you'd say "more than 500", if you had 900 you'd say "almost a thousand", but I reckon saying just "hundreds" means less than 300. In other words it's an embarassing number.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hundreds

It’s got to be a typo, or simply poorly translated. I have been to Kaminario events, in the US only, but they seem to have several-hundred customers here. On top of that, the admins I have spoken to have >5 systems, not all of them but I would say many. Obviously that’s just my guess. I will also say, my arrays are fast, I mean a lot faster than we expected or anything we tested.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon