back to article New Relic: Turtles? No. It's cloud infrastructure all the way down

If you build it, they will come and measure it. "They" in this case is New Relic, which offers developers a service for monitoring application performance and, now, computing infrastructure. On Monday, the company plans to announce general availability of New Relic Infrastructure, for overseeing cloud and hybrid infrastructure …

1. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

"There's no such thing as 'The Cloud'..."

"...It's just someone else's computer."

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge
      Pint

Re: "There's no such thing as 'The Cloud'..."

Dammit. Beaten me to it. Have an upvote and a

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Commentards at the Reg are getting as moronic as Youtube comments. There's obviously a lot of dinosoars on here with too much time on their hands who just don't get it, and trot out the same old same old thinking it's still funny years after someone else said it. And then getting lots of thumbs ups from other morons, who were going to say the same thing. I think I will look somewhere else from now on.

In fact I might even pass on the Reg completely, with all the puff pieces and stock photography it's perhaps time to look somewhere else. Consider yourself removed from my Feedly.

1. VinceH

"There's obviously a lot of dinosoars on here with too much time on their hands who just don't get it, and trot out the same old same old"

Or: There are a lot of people with years of experience in IT, and who can see the emperor's new clothes for what they really are.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"trot out the same old same old thinking"

There's plenty more same old thinking I'm happy to trot out. I expect gravity to stop bits flying off the world, I expect broken cups not to spontaneously reassemble themselves etc.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New name just needs "Stick" on the end

New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform → New Relic DIPStick

Accurate too, as DIPSticks are for measurement.

1. Fan of Mr. Obvious

Re: New name just needs "Stick" on the end

If nothing shows on the stick, does that indicate you are in good shape or about to melt it down?

3. Jan 0 Silver badge

That server monitoring sounds fine,

but if that's what New Relic does, why do I find New Relic scripts eager to run via my web browser?

1. Justin Clift

Re: That server monitoring sounds fine,

Bad mime type config?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like