back to article Datto launches backup and disaster recovery technology to combat ransomware

Datto’s SIRIS 3 data protection platform includes what it claims is the industry’s first ramsomware detection capability. Ransomware is the noxious malware that captures your files and walls them off from access by encrypting them. The perpetrator demands payment – possibly by anonymous Bitcoin – to release the encryption key …

1. Mark 85
    Headmaster

Backupify

Did I just really read that word??? I grieve for where the language is headed... and being lead by sales/marketing types.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Pint

Re: Backupify

I will just notatallify your comment and engagify the rapidizing transmogrification of our language: PUNCH IT!

Now, where is my copy of "Standing on Zanzibar"?

2. frank ly

They're just zeitgeisting the outward facing profile.

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

I think some marketing bods need to be spankified.

No, wait, that might be what they want us to do... I think I'm dilemmafied.

2. woolleysi

There is already a free tool for Mac users that detects any process attempting to encrypt files and blocks it. It then gives you the option to allow the encryption or stop it.

The software is called ransomewhere? and can be found on the Objective-See website (https://objective-see.com/)

3. Halfmad

So it's essentially Crashplan with malware protection?

Such innovation... *ahem*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon