back to article Mobile handset selection

Choosing mobile handsets that keep the increasingly pushy and tech savvy user base in the organisation happy – without destroying the hard work put in to keep networks and data secure – is one of the most emotive issues we've had to deal with in this month's Mobile Clinic. Fortunately, we once again have the old industry sages …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rupert Stubbs

Logic is great...

... but when it comes to establishing power within the organisation, nothing says "I'm the dog's bollocks" like an iPhone.

2. Steven Hewittt

Or...

<tounge in cheek>

Nothing says "I'm a twat that can't use a normal phone UI, so i've brown tounged my way into persuding my IT department into letting me have a phone with bugger all features for us simple folk" like an iPhone!

;-p

</tounge in cheek>

3. Charles Manning

To Steven Hewitt

So the IT department said no to your iphone request did they?

Sour puss!

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

My head is buzzing

Gah ! Am I really supposed to think about all these things when I choose a mobile phone ? Heaven help me, I thought I just needed to choose a phone, it turns out that they want me to choose a mobile office.

Well I won't do that. For me a phone is for phoning. My email and Internet needs I quarantine to my PC, thank you very much - the last thing I want is to be pestered everywhere I am by email. I'm not a crackberry addict.

I choose my phone for connectivity to the network and battery life, nothing more. A phone is a phone. I don't need it for anything else than phoning. For the rest, I have other, reliable tools.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

For our company...

management got crackberries, field service got windows mobile pda-s and "they need voice only" users got sony-ericsson walkman phones. :-)

This topic is closed for new posts.