back to article SAP Australia's MD and COO both resign to 'pursue opportunities outside the company'

SAP's Australia/New Zealand tentacle is on the hunt for new senior leaders after its general manager and chief operating officer (COO) both handed in their resignation and “ decided to pursue opportunities outside the company.” No permanent replacements have been announced for former managing director John Ruthven and former …

1. MrDamage Silver badge

How hard can it be?

All you need is access to Simon and the PFY's "Excuse of the Day" calender to explain to your customers why it's not working again, right?

2. Denarius
    Meh

winds of change in PHB culture?

Interesting. Used to be that at a whiff of SAP brochures, pens were whipped out and deals done, whether or not the product met any requirements better than current installed software, let alone improved anything. Perhaps a TLA vendor offered to install and configure SAP, despite said TLA not being considered "reliable" by multiple burned organisations. Or am I just cynical ?

1. Erik4872

Re: winds of change in PHB culture?

I think it might finally be happening. As a systems integration person, I end up getting the products of said deals to make work in a real environment. All I can say is they must have the best salespeople in the world. I think they just funnel expensive lunches, alcohol, rounds of golf and strip club visits into CIOs until they are suitably pliable. That's the only way I can explain it to myself while shaking my head over some of their software modules.

It speaks volumes that the only way to truly get experience in SAP implementation is to spend years working for a management consulting firm who was hired to put it in...and implementers I've talked to in the past say it's not even clear at that point.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like