back to article BSODs from around the world, from the wrist-job to public art

For those of you who asked why there was no BSOD collection last week, the answer is simple: it was a holiday weekend in Australia. We hope this week's offerings make up for it. If you're running shy on fuel and in a hurry, this offering in California would leave you thankful that at least the gas station has more than one …

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

Dunno about Windows' pants down

I came across a widow with her pants down one day. And you know what? I reckon I could have had her.

1. tiggity Silver badge

Re: Dunno about Windows' pants down

Hello TheDonald!

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Alien

2016: An OS Odyssey

See monolith in Chicago.

"My God, it's full of kludges"

3. Adrian 4

STA Travel

Where do you want to go today ?

4. EddieD

STA not BSOD

It's a Dell Setup/bios screen.

Someone must have sat on F2/Del/ESC or whatever they've chosen for setup this week.

1. Crazy Operations Guy

Re: STA not BSOD

In some configurations, if the system doesn't find a bootable device, it drops into BIOS. I've managed a fleet of Dell desktops where our disk encryption software would sometimes obliterate the boot sector so we configured the machines to drop into BIOS so that we can have the user override the boot order and PXE boot to restore the previous night's backup of that machine.

5. Spasticus Autisticus
    Unhappy

Two images missing

I couldn't see two of the images, and I don't click twitlinks.

Seen the super low res images on the right? A sign that El Reg is hurting financially (even more?) since its dreadful changes, plus just including a link instead of the image saves storage space, saves money? Makes sense when you're down on your uppers. Too late for a subscription service, many of the good guys and girls have gone - reporters and 'tards.

Ashes to ashes, funk to funky .....

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: Two images missing

You might want to check your browser/proxy/etc, the images appear as they should and I don't see any low res images anywhere.

Didn't you get your Cornflakes this morning ?.

1. Spasticus Autisticus

Thank you El Khaptain - it is NoScript's doing, the lowres image thing only started a couple of weeks or so ago, perhaps permissions got reset and I didn't realise.

Had my porridge with honey (from Shropshire) this morning thank you - still disappointed in direction El Reg has gone recently.

1. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge

"disappointed in direction El Reg has gone recently."

Its all to serious and big business these days. We want more laughing at the muggles! although there's a lot less material about now that people are getting used to being online.

anyone remember ntk.net?

6. macjules

Gallery?

Any chance of a gallery of BSOD shots

1. F0rdPrefect

Re: Gallery?

What about this one, for Brits of a certain age https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcCHRW8G9yY

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Crazy Operations Guy

Reminds me a lot of "The Daily WTF's" Error'd series.

http://thedailywtf.com/series/errord

9. Hans 1

The first and the last are NOT BSOD's ... they are TITSUP's, yes, but NOT BSOD's ... I have yet to see a single Linux kernel panic on elreg (except the one I linked to in my comment on el'reg) ... come one, you can do it .... YES, you can ... or maybe not because too rare ...

10. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Welcome to the future. Indeed.

Literally in the middle of reading this I turned around to find my toaster flashing its three blue lights at me. It's never done that before, honestly. OK, more of a BLOD (blue leds of death) than a BSOD but if were going small I think that beats a watch.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Welcome to the future. Indeed.

Don't forget RROD - red rings of death - from our beloved M$. That one was permanent.

And remember that IBM programmer: "We created CTRL-ALT-DEL, but MS made it famous.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like