back to article Moldovan Dridex millionaires to spend 12 years in jail

A pair of cybercriminals responsible for laundering millions of pounds stolen using a banking trojan have been sentenced to a combined total of 12 years in prison. Pavel Gincota, 32, and Ion Turcan, 35, are Moldovan nationals with Romanian citizenship. The duo made over £2.5m in criminal profits using the banking trojan Dridex …

1. Dan Wilkie

I'd never realised till that picture what a work of art a safe is...

2. TRT Silver badge

Moldovan Dridex

Sounds like a character from Dr Who

3. Your alien overlord - fear me

"their home in Yiewsley, West Drayton" - already served their sentence surely?

4. Milo Tsukroff
    FAIL

In-country crime never pays, can't pay off the police

Those dumb crims ... in-country crime never pays, you can't pay off the police. Now if they were in any one of a number of foreign countries, they could a) pay off the police and b) claim that since they're not stealing from their resident country's citizens, they're technically not committing a crime.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

five years and eight months and seven years respectively

seven years, reduced for good behaviour... sure, he'll have been deported, but you'd think he'd put aside some of that 2.5 milion already. Almost as profitable a career path as for bank insiders...

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: five years and eight months and seven years respectively

Yes, all things considered, it's not much of a sentence. A burglar who gets a few grands worth of stuff from a single job could get a very similar sentence. I wonder how much, if anything, has been recovered?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like